How to use a Z32 ECU in a Z31 VG30ET with NIStune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a Z32 ECU in a Z31 VG30ET with NIStune

What are all of the parts that are needed to use a Z32 ECU with NIStune in a Z31 with a VG30ET?

I might go with a Z32 ECU with NIStune instead of my Microtech. I want something that has better product support and I'm only looking to make 400-450whp.

What other parts are needed besides these below?

-Z32 ECU (what year is best,TT or NA,5 Speed or Auto?)
    -Z32 wiring harness
    -Z32 igniter pack if not using smart coils with built-in igniters
    -Z32 MAF or others that the VQ map is in Nistune (I'm using a PMAS HPX N1)
    -Z32 CAS adapted to work in Z31 distributor
    -Z32 TPS (fits z31 throttle body & possibly the same as the auto z31 TPS)
    -Z32 CONSULT port plug (what other model use the same plug?)
    -Z32 coolant temp sensor
    -Z32 O2 sensor (left and right connected together)
    -6 coils (gonna use LS2 D514A smart coils with adjusted dwell)
    -Z32 Knock sensor (Not needed with NIStune)

Is it neccesary to run high impedence injectors with the Z32 ECU? I know it can be done with dropping resistors but I've read about problems when using them with low impedence injectors and the Z32 ecu.

Missing anything?
    Shiro #443

The Z32 primary coil has a resistance of 0.8-0.9 ohms.

I wanna use other coils,not the Z32 coils.

The Suzuki Hyabusa coils have a resistance of 1.3 ohms across the 2 terminals.
    Will coils with a resistance of 1.3 ohms work or will it harm the Z32 ecu or ignitor?

These are the coils I'm talking about. They fit nicely and aren't too big.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-07-Ha ... ccessories
    Shiro #443

Comment

you need to read a lot more, and I'm not about to spend time answering questions in here that are easily answered by searching. Its a valid question, but a LOT of the questions above can be answered with the search function so use it.

I'll also add the celica coils and RSX coils are ballin and affordable options.

Good luck.
      Four Doors for More Whores

Comment

hypcodiiihop wrote: you need to read a lot more, and I'm not about to spend time answering questions in here that are easily answered by searching. Its a valid question, but a LOT of the questions above can be answered with the search function so use it.

I'll also add the celica coils and RSX coils are ballin and affordable options.

Good luck.
        what's the resistance of the Celica and RSX coils?
        Shiro #443

Comment

gsxr and hayabusa coils are also small and may work well.

Comment

The main thing I need to know is if I have to match the resistance of the Z32 coils (0.8-0.9 ohms)
            or is it OK if the new coil resistance is higher or lower?

Which one? Can it be higher or lower so I don't mess up the ecu or the ignitor?
            Shiro #443

Comment

you could look at the FSM for those cars :-P

Comment

I don't understand why everyone has to be so cryptic about everything. If people have the information readily available why not just share it.

Comment

ryan85na87t wrote: I don't understand why everyone has to be so cryptic about everything. If people have the information readily available why not just share it.
                  That's what I'm sayin. Then don't post anything at all.
                  Shiro #443

Comment

:-(

Comment

ryan85na87t wrote: I don't understand why everyone has to be so cryptic about everything. If people have the information readily available why not just share it.
                      Searching through the FSM of the cars you are borrowing parts from can go a long way.
                      Suggesting where he may find his answer quicker by digging deeper for the information is not being cryptic.

Rick88ss wrote: That's what I'm sayin. Then don't post anything at all.
                      You could do a bit more sleuthing. I was merely suggesting what codi already suggested, but in a different fashion. Same way you found the resistance of the z32 or even a z31 coil = FSM.

Read:

hypcodiiihop wrote:
                      you need to read a lot more, and I'm not about to spend time answering questions in here that are easily answered by searching. Its a valid question, but a LOT of the questions above can be answered with the search function so use it.

Comment

I am mainly a lurker but my search for running a z32 ecu with a vg30e(t) keeps leading me to this post. It would be awesome if the posters who seem to have this information would share it or at least some links.

It does get annoying to come across posts in your search where people imply that they know where the answers are but will only respond with "search for it".

Comment

92gsr wrote:
                          It does get annoying to come across posts in your search where people imply that they know where the answers are but will only respond with "search for it".
                          If you teach a man to fish...
                          1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

what codi and I were getting at was instead of asking what the hayabusa or gsxr coil resistance was on a Z31 board, one could use google and find that out on a hayabusa or gsxr board.

No one is witholding information. Bernardd may know what's involved in this setup but you can't rely on one person to get the job done for everyone else.

Honestly, go to the JY and pull everything from an N/A z32 to start. Anything you can get your hands on.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I've been digging all morning and I think I have what I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X