S13 Steering Rack Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 Steering Rack Bushings

Work on our power steering racks - right?

http://www.frsport.com/Energy-Suspen...ED_p_1386.html

says 90-96 300zx, but I think someone has confirmed they also work for our cars?
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

As long as you use the wide (15/16" iirc) brackets.

Comment

Pretend I'm an idiot (I haven't done much with the power steering). You are saying the brackets as in the cups that bolt around the bushings and hold the power steering in?

Comment

300zxturboftw;323959 wrote: Pretend I'm an idiot (I haven't done much with the power steering). You are saying the brackets as in the cups that bolt around the bushings and hold the power steering in?
        Yes.........................
        Hmmm, Whats next?
        Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

shromy;323961 wrote: Yes.........................
          Thank you..............................(damn message length). I'll have to go out and measure.

Comment

yw................... Yeah i thought he was fixing that last week. All in due time I guess.
            Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

I couldn't get my set to fit properly.
              5.3 LSx Z31

Comment

Our racks are thicker by several mm than the s-chassis and skyline racks, I can't imagine the z32's would fit

Comment

Is there a set made for our cars then? I need it badly as my car even after alignment pulls slightly right.

Edit: Gary still selling them apparently. http://www.garymolitor.com/300zx/MFP.htm

Comment

Tire could be the cause of the pull.
                    Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

someone confirmed the S13 ones with the little rubber nubs on them fit.

also, if you don't have a wide bracket, you can just weld a strip of metal on the one you do have if no one wants to donate a wide bracket to you.

Comment

Yep. I run s13 energy steering rack bushings. The other side had material added as well.

Comment

I put a set of those on a M30 (same rack as us) and the passenger (round) bushing was too small. even so, owner (boss) said to tighten it down and lets see what it does! heck of alot better than the junk/rotton/missing rubber mess!
                          Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
                          Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
                          sigpic

Comment

These bushings are HORRIBLE.

Urethane is not a good material for gripping a steering rack. After first 2 runs, steering wheel was off 90*! Removed bushings and threw in the trash. The OEM rubber over steel is much better. Threw those back in, along with a steel key stock welded across the straps laterally. Then back to the store for another alignment.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, I was the first to try them out. Worked good at first. Had the wider driver side bracket on too.

After awhile they did develop a slight bit of slop on my 86, but not to the extent of the stock bushings. Both sides slide in, with passanger side being snug. I did notice the drivers side being a tad small, which may have been the source of the slop.

If you insist on using them, do what butter suggests or nissanxrma has pictured to run them, or use the Z31 style that gary makes. Or buy the PBM solid ones...
                              1984 Hardtop Z31NA2T: Angrily decomposing due to lack of motivation
                              1986 Z31NA: Dead and gone

Comment

Working...
                              X