Analog to Digital swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog to Digital swap

Has anyone ever done this? Ive looked everywhere but cant find anything on this, only digital to analog swaps

There's been talk of people doing it but the question that always comes up is "Why"?

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Comment

reddzx;349094 wrote: There's been talk of people doing it but the question that always comes up is "Why"?
      The 80s is weak in this one.

Comment

86na2t85na;349093 wrote: Has anyone ever done this? Ive looked everywhere but cant find anything on this, only digital to analog swaps
        FSM, harnesses, free time.
        Z31 JDM my way_google translated

Comment

I asked why becuse there are so many problems with the digital dash system, why would anyone switch to that? Plus its not an easy swap.

1991 Hard-body 2WD

Comment

reddzx;349181 wrote: I asked why becuse there are so many problems with the digital dash system, why would anyone switch to that? Plus its not an easy swap.
            Because the digital dash is really, really cool.

Comment

Both of you are right, sure the digital dash is not the most accurate and can even go crazy at times. However, every time i show off my car there are two things people ALWAYS remember and that is the digital dash and bitching betty. If you are going for numbers and accuracy then the digital dash is not for you. But if you just drive your z and dont really care too much about the slightly incorrect info then get a digi dash. I still rock mine and i like it.

Comment

I've owned several (more than four) of both type, and reliability and accuracy out weight the 80"s wow factor of the digital dash.

It comes down to that age old question of Form over function.

1991 Hard-body 2WD

Comment

I love my digital dash. If I wanted function over form, I wouldn't have bought a Z31.
                  Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
                  Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Comment

Im just a big fan of the digi dash. I always thought digital dashes were a recent thing in cars. That and the digi dash is way cooler. Im just looking for something to do to my DD 85 z31 since i also have an 86 gll parts car.

Comment

What parts of the digi dash are considered inaccurate?
                      Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

jaqattack02;349213 wrote: What parts of the digi dash are considered inaccurate?
                        Mostly, it's slow to react... have you ever used an analog volt meter? Kinda like that...

Comment

Parker;349209 wrote: I love my digital dash. If I wanted function over form, I wouldn't have bought a Z31.
                          THIS x10
                          Black 1985 na/coupe brought back from the dead.
                          2000 frontier for work.
                          2004 PT Cruiser for gettin' grocery's.

Comment

Im working with dakota digital to create a more elegant dash for my z lol. all i had to do is send in my old digi and the pinout, they are taking care of the rest for about 1500.. comes with new sensors and wires, almost bolt in too.

I love the digi dash, but wanted something less retro. I made my digi white for a while, then pinkish red... then my z blew lol. So now im making a newer old z. led rears, led side markers, hids, new style digi, soundproofing.. (sorry to thread jack, just my .02)

Basically i just want my old z to haave the newer touch.

Project Black Betty

Comment

G-E;349214 wrote: Mostly, it's slow to react... have you ever used an analog volt meter? Kinda like that...
                              The tach on my digital seems to respond better than my old analog one, none of the other functions really require a fast response. I also agree with the others, the digital is just cool.
                              Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

Working...
                              X