430-11A alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 430-11A alternatives?

Having just blown out both brand new 430-11A U-joints tonight on the way home from work does anybody have a better alternative??

I'm going to call around about having a custom driveshaft built tomorrow, but I'd really like to find something cheaper for the short term.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

I was curious how many miles you put on those joints...I was going to purchase one to fix a clunk that has developed recently.

Comment

Under 400 on my 86 turbo.

I just put them on Sunday to replace an original factory set.

This isn't my first set I've blown. Last year I blew a one in a parking garage so I was lucky and found somebody parting out a car here at that time and snagged a whole driveshaft from them which I wore out doing 150+ miles a day on the daily driver.
      Life's short
      Go fast
      Have a blast
      Leave a good looking corpse

Comment

disappointing...inferior product[Rockford] or is your yoke egging out and excessive clearance, perhaps??

Comment

I hate to say it, but I don't think the u-joints are your problem, or at least not the cause... I'd be checking your trans mount, engine mounts, subframe bushings and diff mount very thoroughly

I suspect you're putting too much stress on them at awkward angles, which then leads to failure after so many instances

Comment

Originally posted by G-E
            I hate to say it, but I don't think the u-joints are your problem, or at least not the cause... I'd be checking your trans mount, engine mounts, subframe bushings and diff mount very thoroughly

I suspect you're putting too much stress on them at awkward angles, which then leads to failure after so many instances
            I agree, with mine anyway...I just upgraded to poly rear cross member bushings, filled diff mount[windowweld] and new center driveshaft support bushing[200sx] and now the u joint started clinking....it aint happy with returning parts to the correct positioning, I suppose.

Comment

I've found the trans mount is the most overlooked one of the lot, and the one that allows the trans to flop around like a dying fish

Comment

Working...
              X