Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other strong gearbox options besides 30a? Custom bells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other strong gearbox options besides 30a? Custom bells?

Anyone doing any bellhousing adapter work out there to give some better options? T56? 350z 6 speed? Etc?
    vg30'd s13 in progress. Shocks. Pegs. Lucky.

Nissan 6-speed is no stronger than the 30A in terms of torque capacity. If you plan on making stupid amounts of torque look into the domestic V8 manual transmissions.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

The 03-04 350z 6spd transmissions are junk. From 05-09 they are better for sure. I have no personal experience for this, just from what I've read into.
      I have also read that some boosted 350z owners switch down to the z32 r30a transmission.

The z32 r30a transmissions are proven tough and have been pounded on by high horse power builds.
      You can get r30a JDM transmissions new (called 98+ spec).
      They are Nissan redesigned r30a's with stronger synchro's. They are pricey though.
      Take a look on ebay.

I personally run a z32 r30a in my z31. At 25psi, I dyno'd at 627rwhp. My transmission shifts great, no gear grinding.

Unless you are pushing past 800rwhp, I don't see a need to go any other transmission.

Just my $.02.

Comment

even the 30a's have the availability of PPG/etc gear sets, and shafts, helical or straight cut, dog boxes etc!

My ultimate goal is to have a dog box 30A...
        Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
        Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm also running a Z32 30A. Not near as much power as Amreboot but about 400whp and the tranny works beautifully. No complaints here.
          2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

The stock 87T-89T 30a nissan transmission will serve about 95% of people just fine including myself. It is the same transmission the R32 and R33 use just different bellhousing. They have been known to hold 800+hp with no problems, a good clutch is the main factor of manual trans dependability
            87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-...lee-s-87t-rb26

Comment

Why do you guys keep tossing out HP figures? It is tourqe that will kill drive line components in every instance. But back on track, US v8 boxes stock are generally less capable then the 30a. Also much more expensive stock.
              Hmmm, Whats next?
              Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

Originally posted by shromy View Post
                Why do you guys keep tossing out HP figures? It is tourqe that will kill drive line components in every instance. But back on track, US v8 boxes stock are generally less capable then the 30a. Also much more expensive stock.
                Man, you are absolutely right!
                My car dyno'd at 603rwtq.

Comment

Originally posted by amreboot
                  Man, you are absolutely right!
                  My car dyno'd at 603rwtq.
                  Nice!
                  What turbo were you running at the time?

Comment

Working...
                  X