Adding NOS to a 87 N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding NOS to a 87 N/A

Does anyone have any experience adding a NOS kit to a N/A? If so wet or dry? NOS kit manufacturer?

wet is always better. any reputable brand is fine. i prefer NOS brand
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

Originally posted by shromy View Post
      wet is always better.
      haha words to live by

Comment

How big of a shot you looking to run. I would start with a 50 dry shot before the maf and verify with a quality wideband your a/f ratios. Just verify your ignition is in 100% working condition and your timing is set correctly. I would also look into running a step colder spark plug to be safe. In reality you'd be better off going with an NA2T setup.

Comment

I have been running a 90 shot for the past few years on my NA2T and it works great. pull 4 degrees of timing (general rule is 2 degrees for every 50hp of shot). I have the bottle in my spare tire well, ran the line up to the solenoids, and i have a fogger installed a few inches before the throttle body. I am wired into the TPS for wide open signal, and i have the arming switch in the cockpit. just make sure you are over 2500 rpm when u spray. However, I have a turbo, and the hot charge air coming out of the compressor is perfect for making sure the nitrous and fuel get spread all around. Never ran N20 when I was NA, but I think a 100 shot should be fine. just make sure the fogger sprays directly into the throttle plate area and not against the wall of the charge pipe.
          Ride it like you stole it...
          1986 300zx NA2T - CM 3" turbo back, Pathy 3.0 Engine, Custom cold air intake, 255lph Walboro, T3 turbo, 90 shot of nitrous, 30A trans, 88t LSD, Poly everywhere, SS brakelines. 288whp 336wtq
          2001 YZF600 - Sold for Nitrous and Exhaust Upgrade...
          1993 Toyota Corolla - The invincible daily driver, off to greener pastures.
          2002 Nissan Maxima SE - New daily driver

Comment

Working...
          X