Smoke everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke everywhere

Just fixed the coolant boiling by changing thermostat but now it's smoking from the thermostat bell housing. There's a gasket in between but I feel like it's giving too much space. Is there a sealant I can use instead if gasket? Like it's such a big leak that the top radiator hose is still warm while bottom is cold. It could be something else so I'm open to any suggestions.

Make shure the t-stat housing isn't cracked and hoses are tight. You can use a silicone sealent

Comment

Have you burped/bled the cooling system? That can be a bit of a pain in the ass on these cars, and if you've got big air bubbles in there you won't be able to troubleshoot anything else.

Comment

I didn't bleed the system. How do you bleed these systems since you said it would be a pain

Comment

FSM has a bleed procedure

Comment

You just have to be really patient. I have had it take 20-25 minutes of idling to get all the bubbles out on a stock system; I blame the relatively low filler cap. You can make this much shorter if you can raise the nose REALLY high (or if you've removed all the heating behind the LIM )

edit: if you were doing stuff to the cooling system and didn't bleed it, one, yes, you are going to have problems, and two, you don't really know what you're doing and you should get some help.

Comment

Redid everything and bled system. No clue why I forgot to last time besides the rush I was in but it's working correctly. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X