Door panel fabric removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door panel fabric removal

Hey guys, I was wondering how you remove the fabric inserts in the door panels. My Shiro passenger door panel is pretty well destroyed and I picked up a mint 88 door panel. The problem is though, the fabric insert doesn't match. The Recaro fabric in the Shiro panel is in good shape but I'd like to swap it over to the new panel. I don't want to just try and remove it because I'm pretty good at ruining things when I do
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

On GL door panels you have to literally cut out the fabric, its one piece.
    On GLL door panels, its a removable insert. You have to remove all the screws on the back of the door panel and then pop off metal retainers from the plastic tabs (often times, the plastic tabs just break)

I THINK the Shiro door panels are GL. Be careful cutting.

Comment

Ok, then the new panel must be GL as well. It looks like it is glued in like the Shiro's. Thank you sir!
      2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

On my 85T GL, the inserts are removed by bending the metal tabs on the back of the door panel. They are not glued, just bent metal tabs hold them on. I believe that when they moved the door handles from the top of the door to the insert, them made a change.

To bad as they are easy to change on my 85T.
        Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
        85 Turbo, original owner, restored
        93 NA Babied

Comment

Working...
        X