Nistune problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nistune problem?

So heres whats up with the car, and I may post vids later... but to put it simply, The car runs rough with a basemap Z31T auto tune with latency at 800 and kconst at 1800 or higher...and will not increase in RPM with any throttle. but, unplug the MAF and the car runs just as a car would without a MAF, rev it up to 2K and that's it. put it in drive and doesn't want to stay running but in park with no maf plugged in (using Z31T maf) and it idles...idk if this is a tune / ECU problem or car / wiring / sensor / timing even? problem.

any help is great because I really want to drive this beast ive created...

thanks!
    jeff

vid of it running with MAF plugged in and what its doing when I touch the throttle

http://vid215.photobucket.com/albums...ps40466aca.mp4
    1989 Nissan 300zx Turbo "MAW Edition"
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10617

pretty much anytime the car runs better with the MAF unplugged indicates the MAF is the issue. At least that is how it has worked out for me.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

What are the AFR's with maf unplugged and plugged in? Did you adjust the K constant to try and see if you were running way too rich? Sounds like it's bogging out
      Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

Does your maf tag Match the ecu? Idk if that matters with nistune.
        http://z31performance.com/showthread...2-2-(-now-NA2T
        My build thread (:

Comment

MAF tag doesn't matter as long as its yellow tag, it is bogging down with throttle, try to adjust kconst and it only raises or lowers the rpm idle, more fuel, higher idle, less and lower idle. AFR's are higher number than my gauge can read, but after holding down the throttle and letting it bog and bounce back the AFR's become readable and then just go back up. so its a bit high. plugs are black, so its runnin rich and idk why the ECU will only let the car run rich. Id like to get it to a mod shop and let them figure it out but of course theyre backed up and don't like NIStune so that's out haha. closest person to me who knows nistune is Austin kurtzer.

Comment

Has the car ran before with This ecu?? Just wondering if the ecu has the z32 maf mod done.

Other than that check Maf voltage, tps switching through nistune. Or make and log and post it.

Comment

Yea it's been runnin on the ecu since na2t swap. Z32 mod hasn't been done to ecu. I hook up z32 maf and no difference. Runs the same. Just can't get the car to run with a low kconst

Comment

MAf mod has to be done to use anything but the stock afm. sounds like to stock maf shit the bed.
                Hmmm, Whats next?
                Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

still messing with this...ive got the car to run with 343 kconst and 800 latency

460cc injectors high impendence on 87T auto ECU. only thing is that I cant rev past a certain point before car dies, it runs with everything plugged in. any ideas? car is still super rich. wouldn't make a difference if I had my MBC turned all the way down just for tuning purposes would it?

Comment

Have you posted on the Nistune forum?
                    Shiro #443

Comment

Working...
                    X