Heater heats but the fan doesn't move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater heats but the fan doesn't move

Recently my Z has been not blowing heat, but rather just heating up. So my fan has stopped working. Can't even hear any motors or anything when I turn the fan on high. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, was it the fan or the switch controlling the fan?

Regular problem. Two of my Z's work and the other two don't. Crappy sounding fan too, I suspect the fans not the switch as the more frequent culprit.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

If it turns out to be the fan, you might try getting a replacement from OEM Surplus. (Scroll down and look under CASE) For only $50 you can get the fan, motor and case. Even if the case isn't for your model year, I believe the motor and fan can be relocated to your hardware. (Perhaps someone here might know for sure --- or maybe it matches your model year.)

Comment

I figured out it wasn't actually the fan, but the resistor itself that's failed. Is there someplace I can find this part?

Comment

Always try http://www.300zxpartsforyou.com/ and ask Steve if he has the specific part.
          Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
          85 Turbo, original owner, restored
          93 NA Babied

Comment

Working...
          X