GReddy R200 Diff cover compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GReddy R200 Diff cover compatibility?

Can anyone tell me if the GReddy differential covers for S14/S15's will work on the Z31? From pictures it looks like the diff mount points and bolt holes to connect it to the rest of the assembly are in the same places, but I'd rather be 100% sure before buying one.

Either that, or someone could sell me a Nismo diff cover...
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

If in doubt buy a diff cover gasket and compare.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

The cover should bolt onto the pumpkin fine, but the mounting studs to the differential mount are spaced further apart than the z31 studs.

See: http://z31performance.com/showthread...z32+diff+cover
      Justin
      1986 NA 2-seater
      SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
      Race Videos
      Build Thread

Comment

Aren't the bolt holes in the Greddy cover bigger for using larger bolts? If so, just get some bolt spacers from McMaster and fab up your own diff mount bracket.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
        1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
        2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'd rather have something that's a direct bolt-on rather than have to modify anything. I guess my quest for the Euro-spec cover begins today.

Comment

try to ask Nitro from s12.org.ua.
            he parted 3 eudm z to assamble 1.
            he said he have at least one spare, but he is in UA
            Z31 JDM my way_google translated

Comment

Originally posted by midian
              try to ask Nitro from s12.org.ua.
              he parted 3 eudm z to assamble 1.
              he said he have at least one spare, but he is in UA
              Thanks midian! I'm talking with him now about it. Great tip man, I appreciate it.

Comment

forget to mention, keep in mind-return line goes into iron part, e. g. drilling required (shipping of diff assy-well-it will be very expensive), but-according to numerous reads-even small towns in USA have good machine shops with required equipment, try to contact Mike D'Angelo (@FB, or madmike here) I trade him a set for..... very cheap, he now has diff with cooler setup-my case cover+pump+sensors+new cooler and lines and his diff with drilled-in return fitting. can return fitting location.
                And, if you'll need original connection -pm me-I have fsm for zenki eudm. (currently there is a trouble in downloading it from xenonzcar.com)

well, and I met Vitaliy Polyakov (aki nitro) in 2011 in Kiev.
                he is a good guy and was relyable buyer (even in scheme-goods first-money later)

Comment

Originally posted by midian View Post
                  forget to mention, keep in mind-return line goes into iron part, e. g. drilling required (shipping of diff assy-well-it will be very expensive), but-according to numerous reads-even small towns in USA have good machine shops with required equipment, try to contact Mike D'Angelo (@FB, or madmike here) I trade him a set for..... very cheap, he now has diff with cooler setup-my case cover+pump+sensors+new cooler and lines and his diff with drilled-in return fitting. can return fitting location.
                  And, if you'll need original connection -pm me-I have fsm for zenki eudm. (currently there is a trouble in downloading it from xenonzcar.com)

well, and I met Vitaliy Polyakov (aki nitro) in 2011 in Kiev.
                  he is a good guy and was relyable buyer (even in scheme-goods first-money later)
                  Yeah, we noticed that the return goes into the top of the main carrier instead of into the rear cover. I will have to get mine machined, but there's no shortage of machine shops where I live, so no problem there.

I know I Googled the FSM pages dealing with the oil line routing and pump hookup for the Kouki years, but I don't know where they are now. Hopefully I can find them again when I need em.

And yeah, Vitaliy seems like a good guy. He's been really easy to deal with so far. Thanks again for the advice and assistance.

Comment

pumps, lines are same on both-zenki and kouki, fins are slightly different (kouki has different shape and a little smaller total fins square -I can upload comparation pictires )

Comment

Working...
                    X