No announcement yet.

swapping the old romulator for nistune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping the old romulator for nistune.

it's been a long time since i've been here! my 87 turbo has an 88na ecu with the 28 pin rom chip replaced with the romulator. the car is down for an engine swap so i figured i've had enough of the hunt change type tuning of the romulator. can i just get the nistune board and software and use it with the 88na ecu or do i need to use a turbo ecu. sorry if its been discussed before i'm just a bunch rusty on what people are doing today with the z31. i've beaten on this car for almost 10 years with the romulator and the car dyno'd 401hp and 404ft/lbs. cant really complain about finally having some engine trouble after that length of time.

boost. does a body good!

Haha hey!

Nistune can use either type of ecu, if you have a matched set of injectors (impedance), the correct tps and o2 sensor, that's all that matters really -- when you get nistune they upload a modified base rom for that ecu...

Comment

If I remember correctly I can swap the o2 for my innovate wide band right?

boost. does a body good!

Comment

All the old blue-hairs come home eventually....hey Jon!

Comment

I forget which type of o2 reads 0-1v, but you can emulate that with most modern widebands right?

Comment

Working...
          X