Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump assembly

- 8 feed and -6 return
    I need some help with this guys. I've heard from some of my supra friends and even some z guys that I can just completely delete the stock pump and run a hose straight down in place of it with a sock filter at the bottom? Or I had originally planned to use the stock pump as a feeder pump. The stock pump wires are crap and I don't wanna deal with wires touching later and leading to something very bad. Advice?

THE ONE AND ONLY AE 2JZ Z31 IN THE WORLD

yes you can run a feed line to pump out of the tank if you plan to run an inline filter before the external mount pump. Always worth running a post pump filter as well.

aeromotive makes a nice screen filter with AN fittings that could be used pre and post pump.

I'm looking to do similar to your setup PN's for the fittings and grommets plz?

Comment

Originally posted by 88sinZ View Post
      yes you can run a feed line to pump out of the tank if you plan to run an inline filter before the external mount pump. Always worth running a post pump filter as well.

aeromotive makes a nice screen filter with AN fittings that could be used pre and post pump.

I'm looking to do similar to your setup PN's for the fittings and grommets plz?
      Thanks bro I just wanted to be sure cuz that setup sounds too simple to be true...once again I just completely delete the stock pump and run a line connected to the bottom of the -8 fitting? I just want to be sure...and the fittings I got on ebay I'm running an a1000 pump

Comment

Ideally you want to run a sump like this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/DSC00680.jpg to prevent air from entering the lines. You can pick up a pre-made sump that can be welded on from most performance retailers, i'd suggest Pegasus

Comment

Originally posted by 88sinZ View Post
          Ideally you want to run a sump like this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/DSC00680.jpg to prevent air from entering the lines. You can pick up a pre-made sump that can be welded on from most performance retailers, i'd suggest Pegasus
          The sump is nice but keep in mind I might be running a 2jz but im still a cheap z31 owner lol so my budget is kinda tight and if I get make things work good and safe without paying too much I will. I just wanna get the car running then comes all the nice stuff later

Comment

Originally posted by Returned Z31 Lover View Post
            Thanks bro I just wanted to be sure cuz that setup sounds too simple to be true...once again I just completely delete the stock pump and run a line connected to the bottom of the -8 fitting? I just want to be sure...and the fittings I got on ebay I'm running an a1000 pump
            Completely deleted stock pump, imo it will be an impediment trying to feed another high performance pump anyway.

Bosch 044 pump in place of stock pump with a fuel sock...it has worked great for me.

Comment

Working...
            X