Microtech standalone ecu with stock tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microtech standalone ecu with stock tach

Does anybody run a Microtech ecu with the stock tach? I hooked my stock tach to the tach output wire from the Microtech but after 5000 rpm the needle goes crazy and is all over the place. I'm currently running an autometer tach mounted on the steering column and it works fine but I wanna remove it and use the stock tach if possible.
    Any ideas on how to make it work correctly?
    Shiro #443

I ran mine on my Z and Cressida(with resistor mod), and had no problems. Sounds like you might have something loose? Does it miss when that happens? Is the rpm displayed accurate when working?

Also, let me see your screens.
    sigpic

Comment

I think I tried an MSD tach adapter when I had the LT8 but it didn't work. Everything is running fine. It's just the stock tach that doesn't work correctly. The autometer tach works properly and it matches the rpm reading on the microtech.
      How did you hook up the wiring for the resistor mod? Do you know anybody using a microtech in a Nissan with the factory tach?
      Shiro #443

Comment

The resistor is just for the Toyota to read non-7m ignitions.

I had microtech on the z with oem tach. Worked fine. I used a HI6R and it's tach adapter.
        sigpic

Comment

That was with a Microtech LT8?.
          Did you use the tach output wire from the Microtech or did you run it off of the coil?
          Shiro #443

Comment

I have LT-12s
            Don't remember how I wired it.
            sigpic

Comment

I have to try it again. I used the wire directly on the back of the tach. I'm gonna hook it up at the white harness connector down by the factory ecu so the tach signal goes through the factory tach resistor. I might have done it like that already but I'll try it again. I've had a Microtech for about 10 years and always changing stuff around so I forget. Oh well. Thanks anyways
              Shiro #443

Comment

I hooked up at the wire for the tach the white plug by ecu. Then T off from tge transistor driver on ms2. If your running wwaste ar anything but one coil that wont work.

Comment

Working...
                X