Bolt in LSX engine mounts for the Z31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt in LSX engine mounts for the Z31

Hey guys just wanted to post a teaser of something I've been helping Dirty Dingo develop. We are expecting the 1st batch to be completed and on sale in about 4 to 5 weeks. I know my car and my engine are dirty . I have a few of both laying around so it can be a pain to keep up with . Oh I'll also give you guys a taste of whats to come with my unknown build........shhh don't tell anyone

Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Good stuff Landon.

You should really grab a 6 pack and pressure washer to the rest of the car matches that turbo
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

Very NICE. Please keep us up to date on this engine swap. Thanks

Comment

Mounts are looking really good in there. At this point the engine literally bolts into the car even using the stock transmission.
        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Is there any way Dirty Dingo could do a rubber mount ? Im not a fan of poly but im super pumped to see this happening. nice work !
          1999 jeep Cherokee ome lift, JK rubicons on 265/70 general grabbers, rust and some other crap bolted to it wheeler/dailydriver/partshauler/camper
          1987 z31 2+2 5.3 lsx t56 swap in progress and some other things that im to lazy to type in

Comment

Originally posted by adamvann3 View Post
            Good stuff Landon.

You should really grab a 6 pack and pressure washer to the rest of the car matches that turbo
            I know I know lol. I'll be starting a build thread here shortly and that engine bay will be presentable when I do rofl.

Originally posted by 1artworkz
            Very NICE. Please keep use up to date on this engine swap. Thanks
            Will do Gary! Thanks for the complement.

Originally posted by FlawleZ View Post
            Mounts are looking really good in there. At this point the engine literally bolts into the car even using the stock transmission.
            Thanks Matt. I think the z31 30a with a z32 bell housing accompanied by the lsx adapter plate will get you very close to the factory shifter location. I haven't tried it yet due to the fact I don't have a z31 30a but I do have 3 other 30a transmissions lol.

Originally posted by 530zx View Post
            Is there any way Dirty Dingo could do a rubber mount ? Im not a fan of poly but im super pumped to see this happening. nice work !
            I'll ask him tomorrow if there is a rubber option. I doubt it, but I'll try. Thanks for the complement too man! I'm also excited. It's not everyday that the z31 is getting aftermarket parts/goodies love. Or at least ones that were developed just for the z31.

If anyone is wondering this kit makes use of the 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro oil pan. The final version will likely be lowering the the engine another 3/4 of an inch. The engine mounts will run 159.99 in raw metal. If you would like them powder coated its a extra 15$. Both the mounts and plates are included for the 159.99$. I know the truck manifolds facing the correct way don't fit. I do know the 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro factory exhaust manifolds fit but I'm unsure about any others.*
            :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -

Comment

Those mounts are sweet! Good to hear you are still messing around with these cars dude!! Im looking forward to seeing how this car comes out and hope to see it at Branson one year!
              "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

Originally posted by nismopu View Post
                Those mounts are sweet! Good to hear you are still messing around with these cars dude!! Im looking forward to seeing how this car comes out and hope to see it at Branson one year!
                Thanks for the complement man. I'll make a build thread here shortly. It's one of my goals to take it to Branson. Only time will tell.

Comment

This is awesome to see Landon! I'm really happy to see progress with this.

Comment

Originally posted by darkzschneider View Post
                    This is awesome to see Landon! I'm really happy to see progress with this.
                    Thanks kar. Hopefully we'll make some more progress here shortly.

Comment

Cool thanks for asking but rubber or poly I don't care at this point lol need these like now I have been parts whoring like mad I just need to put the engine in. I HAVE the cash now tell dirty dingo to take it please haha.

thanks again for all that your doing !
                      1999 jeep Cherokee ome lift, JK rubicons on 265/70 general grabbers, rust and some other crap bolted to it wheeler/dailydriver/partshauler/camper
                      1987 z31 2+2 5.3 lsx t56 swap in progress and some other things that im to lazy to type in

Comment

Originally posted by 530zx View Post
                        Cool thanks but rubber or poly I don't care at this point lol need these like now I have been parts whoring like mad I just need to put the engine in. I HAVE the cash meow tell dirty dingo to take it please haha.

thanks again for all that your doing !
                        Yeah poly seems to be the only avenue at this time. Hopefully the 1st batch will be up for sale in about 4 weeks. I'll keep everybody posted on any changes. Man I really do appreciate the kind words. I've always wanted to contribute to the z31 community even if that meant I assisted only 1 person or 100 people. I feel like this will expand our community.

Comment

I like this. I was looking into an LSX swap a while back and was planning to try to adapt some Z32 mounts.
                          Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

Are these meant for n/a or turbo cross members? Or is it universal? I got a 88 se 200sx I'm itching to do a v8 swap in.

Comment

Originally posted by Richter888 View Post
                              Are these meant for n/a or turbo cross members? Or is it universal? I got a 88 se 200sx I'm itching to do a v8 swap in.
                              This kit utilizes the N/A cross member. I haven't tested the kit on a turbo cross member yet. The kit will fit turbo cross members but I believe the orientation of the engine would be compromised using one. I have a few turbo ones laying around I'll give it try after the holidays.

Comment

Working...
                              X