Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Carpet Replacement..

Hey guys,

I wanna get a new carpet for my Z soon, and I was just wondering what you guys have done for carpet replacement. I recently came across Stockinteriors, and I was wondering if anyone has a comparison from that brand, and the MSA carpet? I feel a little bit more comfortable with the information given from that website (and price) vs MSA. However I'm not sure if Stockinteriors will match my color perfectly.

Anyways, I also have a question on installation. Stock Interiors has a mass backing option, has anyone ordered that and had good sound deadening from it? If anyone can answer these questions that'd be great.

Stockinteriors will send you carpet samples if you ask for them.
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Comment

There are a couple of threads on here where people have used stock interiors with the mass backing with positive results.
      do a search for stockinteriors.com or mass backing and they should pop up.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by one_fast_300zx
        Re: one_fast_300zx's 86, looking all fresh and new

Finally got the rest of the carpet put in today after getting back from Ztek. Holy shit was that front carpet a royal bitch! I don't think it would have been so bad if I hadn't gotten the mass backing though. Anyway, pics!!!

I cut the passenger side by the center console about an inch or so short so I had to use some of what I cut off to cover the gap. Need to get a good stapler and I'll be able to make it not so noticeable.
        Info is everywhere.
        Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
        if it fails, fuck it.
        at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

You're gonna want the mass backing. You're also gonna want to put your old carpet on top of it to make the cuts, instead of giving away the OG stuff and then having to pretty much guess on the holes (because you will guess wrong).
          Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Comment

Thanks guys, the pictures were much appreciated! Think I'll go with stockinterior's carpet as soon as I can

Comment

Working...
            X