• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experience with moog springs ?

Hello,

does someone have experience with MOOG springs
    expacaly with the rear the #CC253

i look forward to see some pic´s with those springs, to see how high the car will be.

thanks for helping! =)
    my sunset Z youtu.be/HVp6CFcrx2U
    making of video youtu.be/9BN8p-DuVuo

Originally posted by Hardway
    Thanks for the compliments and info guys. I was more than relieved when it started and ran smooth. Plus it gives me a lot of peace of mind knowing everything is up to par.

This past weekend I tackled the sagging rear suspension on the ZX. I knew the shocks were way past their prime and I questioned the springs since the car is 25 years old and has over 100K. I picked up some KYB Gas-A-Just shocks along with the kit to convert over to non-adjustable components. I also bought some new Moog springs that are correct for the turbo 300zx. Going in to it I thought this would be a 2 hour job as I have done rear shocks on cars before. However I quickly realized it was going to be much more involved since all of the rear interior trim has to come out. Really Nissan? You could not have just made an access panel for getting to the shocks? Oh well, after about an hour of wrenching I had everything out that was in the way.

And the new stuff. The shocks and springs are from Amazon who had the best price on them.

Getting the old spring off and the new spring in is no easy task as you can really only compress the rear of the spring. If there are owners that have any tips on accomplishing this in an easier manner I would love to hear about it for future reference.

I don’t have a shot of the side of the car yet but it is riding a little high. Hopefully it will settle after a few weeks. However a test drive quickly revealed a dramatic and positive difference in the handling and ride quality. The fronts will have to wait until the fall as it has just too hot in Austin TX right now.
    Info is everywhere
    Originally posted by Hardway

See?
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

thanks for the information, i see that already before
      but it is not clear if it is the Moog CC253 Spring or CC263

the spring data are complete different
      spring constant(lb/in): 221 vs.164
      free length (in): 13,2 vc. 14,5
      Wire Diamter (in): 0,57 vs. 0,54
      pfund: 492 vs. 576

the high of the car will be different or not ?
      i have lowering springs in the car but the rear springs are "flat" and not good anymore, searching for springs for the rear that are not so high as stock and not so low like now

Comment

You could always cut off a coil ?

Comment

it is here not allowed, i also do not want to do something like this because of safty issues

Comment

Moog springs are OE replacements and will not lower the car.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
            1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
            1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Comment

I would go with the stiffer spring for better handling.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
              1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
              2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

oh okee thanks for help, than those moog springs are wrong for me,

i get around 20 years before sports-lower-springs in my Z, but now the rear springs and shocks are flat and not good anymore,
                the rear is lower than the front and i want to replace the rear springs against new one to get more high, abit less than stock but higher than now

do you know any alternativs for rear springs ? where can i buy it, here in europe is nothing to find.
                will maybe SS-springs help me, where i can get those springs ?
                zz.jpg

Comment

Also buy all new poly-bushings for the suspension. Try to find the MFP poly spring seats for the rear springs to help raise the rear back up some. If no luck finding them, then get oem Nissan rubber rear spring seats.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
                  1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
                  2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

will it help to raise it up for 1/2inch ?
                    or to buy 2 new rear eibach springs ? .. hmm i have to see where i can get it

Comment

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...400_0209698603

I a currently running these, and you definitely sit high but they are stiff and comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                      X