Digital cluster thoughts and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital cluster thoughts and questions

Ok my digi cluster is almost totally functional except for the fuel gauge and gallons remaining. Every thing else including distance to empty works just as it should.

So far I have re flown all the soldier joints in the power supply and visually inspected the interior of the cluster with no obvious problems. If any one has any suggestions short of replacing the unit or sending it out please share your thoughts.

You check the sender in the tank and the wiring harness??

I know mine did something simular before I cleaned up the sender unit.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

Comment

I did a write-up on how to fix this.

http://z31performance.com/showthread...l+sending+unit

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
      1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
      2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

my distance to empty works good that is whi I was not considering the sending unit. Do you remember how much the revised parts cost

Comment

No clue. That was 4 years ago.

Does bitching betty still work?

I would inspect the sending unit to see which type it is. If it's the barrel type, I would replace it.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

Yes she works I have not run the car low enough to see if the fuel warning works though

Comment

My fuel gauge never really worked. Only the glowing orange warning light for low fuel and bitching betty saying "warning low fuel" was all I had before I put the new sender in.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

Did you get this resolved? Have the same issue. Digi dash works except the gas gauge. Warning light will come on when it gets low, haven't run it low enough to see if Betty will chime in yet. I have a new sending unit, was going to put it in when I did the carpet. Just to clarify, my gauge doesn't even light up or display the 5 gallon warning. I know the sending unit is off because the distance to empty reads 0 when I still have 6 or 7 gallons left.

Comment

Working...
                X