Cruise control switch on clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control switch on clutch pedal

So I'm about to hook up launch control on my MS3 system. I was going to use the neutral safety switch but it is at the very end of the clutch pedal which isn't really ideal for flat shifting as I don't want to have to push the pedal that far. So I was eyeballing the cruise cancel switch as it is at the top of the pedal throw. The thing is, Megasquirt uses ground to enable launch control. So I would need that switch to turn ground on when the pedal is pressed and off when released. Does anyone know if pushing the pedal completes the circuit or kills it? I would pull the switch and see but it is raining its ass off out there so I figure I can gather a little intel first then tackle it.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Pretty sure it kills it.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Comment

Yeah it kills the circuit. After it stopped raining I went out and figured it out. That's alright I used the neutral safety switch. It works nicely, I just need to reteach myself to kick the pedal the whole way down while shifting to get flat shifts. Launch control is as useless as I expected it to be on street tires. It is fun as hell though.
      2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

Working...
      X