Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

poly rear cross member bushings positioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poly rear cross member bushings positioning?

i have overhauled the rear suspension with poly bushings and was now wondering if i pressed the cross member bushings incorrectly...are these bushings meant to be positioned in a certain angle like stock rubber replacements??? i didnt recall the instructions for the poly stuff mentioning positioning. thx, mike

When I replaced mine in June 2004 they were just donut, a inside diameter and a outside diameter, and no way to determine an angle.

Comment

I did mine this past winter, and there was an upper/lower. That was the only difference.
      " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

Comment

I believe the upper has a slight bevel around the center hole. But they can be installed upside down with no issues....ask me how I know! Hope all is well Mike!

Comment

Bevel goes on bottom to conform to the safety plate.

Comment

thanks for the replies...i'll recheck the bevel positioning....would this throw off a excess of negative camber?? i'm getting crappy numbers with all new poly stuff in the rear.....
            Greg, permanent vacation is working out for me LOL

Comment

It CAN because you're moving the subframe down relative to a collapsed or even rubber bushing, which is geometrically similar to raising the trailing arm... you could likewise improve things slightly by moving the diff up with a custom mount

Beyond that slotting/drilling/extending tabs, or get my trailing arm kit...

How lowered is your car? Pics?

Comment

i rechecked the sub-frame bushings and it was installed correctly, on both sides....it seems my issue with camber in the rear is due to slightly weak spring/height...my guess is these 200sx's originally were jacked up pretty high, though looking at my car most would say its still too high....anyway, i jacked up on the back using floor jack about 3/4" and retested the camber with my digital level and its amazing how the camber drops closer to factory specs.....i pulled out the rear pass spring and slipped some heavy/rubber hose over both spring pig tail ends, and than had to use zip ties to hold the top rubber insulator in position ....i had to use a spring/strut compressor to get it to reinstall on its perch...i also reset the diff mount so the body is very slightly higher..i rechecked the camber and it dropped to 1.5 deg on the rear pass side....i'll do the rear drivers side next and recheck camber... and move on to hopefully seeing a correction in the rear toe.

Comment

Working...
                X