Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with TPS harness

My TPS checks out fine.

According to the FSM, the harness to the TPS should have continuity. It does not.

I am wondering if continuity should be checked with the ignition switch open or closed?

With the ignition switch off I only get continuity at the TPS at idle.

With the ignition switch on I get continuity at the TPS all the time even at WOT.

The FSM mentions pins 18 and 25. Do these pins correlate the pins on the ECU?

Should I bypass the harness and run two wires from the ECU to the TPS or should I look for something else?

Taking life one sensor at a time.

In general, continuity should be checked when the wire is not carrying any power/signal so that it's at 0 V and has no current. So in this case ignition off. In order to check the harness, you should be checking continuity between a pin on the ECU harness connector and the corresponding pin on the TPS connector on the other end of the harness. If the resistance is small enough, you have a connection. 18 and 25 are the ECU pins the TPS is connected to.

Comment

Thanks. That was my next step. After spending 3 hours on this yesterday I just needed to focus.

Comment

Working...
      X