Power booster push rod extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power booster push rod extension

Swapped out my auto z31 brake booster for a s14 booster. Bolts in, fits great. Can't extend the forks that go around the pedal to the length of stock unit as threads are too short. Am I able to swap the rod, or will I have to weld on additional threaded rod? Is this a good idea conside ring what could happen if it breaks? (Even though probably doubtful if welded right)
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

I'm really talking about valve rod and plunger assembly. Have you guys used just a universal rod extension kit?

Comment

Just extend the fork adjuster?

Comment

Yeah I figured it out. Just impossible to get anything that's m10x1.25 in adapters. Found a shifter link extender that will work off ebay. $5!

Comment

Ill have to check out the new setup
          86na - BlueZ
          Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
          85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

I took 2 nuts, a small hollow sleeve and a LONG bolt. Measured the length I needed to extend, marked it on the hollow sleeve and cut. Then threaded the bolt through one nut, put on the sleeve, tightened the second nut on then welded the nuts to that sleeve. this allowed me to thread the extension sleeve onto the rod, then another short section of bolt into the other end for the fork.

Comment

on another note, did all 4 mounting studs extend far enough for tightening? I went the same route and either I got an s13 booster or theres something else wrong. only 2 of the studs on mine extend far enough to get a nut to thread.

Comment

I'm going to need a second person to get the brake booster all the way on as I'm having the same issue with the stud extension. Shouldn't be difficult once I cross tighten 2 of them down.

I ended up welding 2 nuts together and to the stock clevis. Works fine with any amount of extension needed.

Comment

Working...
                X