Fs5w71c bell housing swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fs5w71c bell housing swap

Background: Alright so about a year ago I bought my N/A and the transmission was gone, so I went to the junkyard and bought one for 100$. It lasted for a bit until the pressure plate on my clutch wasn't tighten enough(blame my mechanic friend😡😡😡😡&#128545 The 71c sits in my garage right now in pieces and I pulled the T-5 from the turbo cause the 84T motor is almost gone.
    Actual question: I found a 71c out of a ka 240sx for 100$. I heard somewhere that all I'd have to do is swap the bellhousing off of another 71c to fit my motor, so I thought I'd post this question here. I've been searching around the interwebs to see if someone had actually done this, but I only found links of people pulling z31 transmissions to mate them to their SR/KAs.
    Sorry if this has been answered repeatedly before. I know this is probably a noobish question, but I only asked cause I'd like to have my 84T at least drivable until the motor finally decides to say f**k me. Thanks for reading. ✌🏿️😞
    1986 z31 NA2T(Motor is being assembled)
    1984 z31 Turbo 5 speed(slowly being parted out)

Yes. Swap the bell housings.

Comment

Thanks for the reply amreboot. I saw you post a vid on your Z awhile back and it made me wanna start working more and more on my Z. Too bad I can't make that much money from dominos��������������. Looks like I'm gonna take a 70 mile drive for this transmission. For anyone reading this, hopefully I'll get my build thread started once I get another laptop. ����✌��️✌��
      1986 z31 NA2T(Motor is being assembled)
      1984 z31 Turbo 5 speed(slowly being parted out)

Comment

Working...
      X