T3/t4 az turbo rebuild and upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T3/t4 az turbo rebuild and upgrade question

Ok first off I got a 88 turbo with a junk t25 been searching and doing research for awhile now. I decided on finding a t3 sending it out to az and getting a rebuild and t3/t4 upgrade. My question is how will that run/work with stock injectors and ecu? I plan on doing a intercooler, 3in exhaust, manual boost controller to start with also autometer gauge. I'm just looking for a street/ track car here and there 250 300 whp for now. Would like to run10psi/12 maybe more later? But I am interested in injectors and nistune down the road. So I want a turbo that is worth it then too. Also are there any injector/ fuel upgrades I can do besides the pump without having to retune? Also top feed rail would be a good idea also? I am going to continue searching but just wanted to make sure I'm going in the right direction also my motor is out and ready for new parts wanting to keep this project moving. Thanks for reading.

You should secure yourself a set of top-feed rails if you want to upgrade the injectors down the line. It's pretty simple to find top-feed injectors with different and higher flow rates, but finding a higher rate dual/side-feed injector is pretty difficult if not impossible.

Comment

Ok yeah there's a member on here near by to me that has some top feed I plan on getting from him. Also I plan on doing a clutch when the motor is out right now. Thinking of some kinda stage 2 with a lightweight flywheel any suggestions?

Comment

I'm running an 88 with T3/T4 from AZ turbo with stock fuel. Running 10psi with intercooler and ebay electronic boost controller. Have WBO2 and never goes leaner than 12:1 AFR at WOT.
        Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Comment

Ok thanks and you sent your t3 there correct they don't sell turbos also do they? Can't seem to find a t3 here in Michigan yet.

Comment

Yeah you have to send him your core for the rebuild.
            Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Comment

Originally posted by mtherkamp View Post
              I'm running an 88 with T3/T4 from AZ turbo with stock fuel. Running 10psi with intercooler and ebay electronic boost controller. Have WBO2 and never goes leaner than 12:1 AFR at WOT.
              whats AFR at WOT, trying to follow, doing similar build

Comment

AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) WOT (Wide Open Throttle)

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim0018 View Post
                  AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) WOT (Wide Open Throttle)
                  thank you. the wide band o2 sensor tells you what your air fuel ratio is and the electronic boost controller regulates the ?wastegate? which regulates maximum turbo pressure to the intake? and at wide open throttle if its not too lean ( question whats a standard AFR ? ) then it should never burn up the pistons, am i on the right track?

Comment

Working...
                  X