VG33 swap cant figure out accessorys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VG33 swap cant figure out accessorys

So Ive started a vg33 swap on my 86Z and im running into a problem trying to get my accessory's to line up with the crank pulley. I stuck with the vg33 oil pump water pump and pulleys i also Nissan xterra alt brackets and power steering pump brackets i got from the junk yard.

I been at this for about 2 weeks Ive read quite a lot of forums about my issue but feel like something is different on my 1996 pathfinder that isnt allowing the stock z31 bracket to line up like other folks have done. For example in the first link if you look at the bottom of the page Augustus Maximus appears to have used the z31 power steering mount and it lined up with the outside pulley path, im not sure if he used a z31 water pump since the pulley is closest to the engine because mine water pump is longer so the belt extends to the middle. And in the 2nd link ozzyrulez got the power steering pump to link up on the 2nd pulley path along with the water pump pulley.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...l=1#post358118
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...n-thread/page6

Now on mine however nothing lines up besides the xterra power steering mount which would would get in the way of the lower radiator cross over pipe and the alternator mount. When i put the power steering pump on with the z31 braket its to far forward and would have to go back 1/2 inch which wont happen with the mount i have. I can figure the alternator bracket out it just needs to be moved 1/4 inch forward and ill modify the tensioner to make it a bit longer. I posted some pics below.

rsz_20160123_001157.jpgrsz_20160209_164344.jpgrsz_20160209_164407.jpgrsz_20160209_164416.jpgrsz_20160209_165212.jpg

have you even looked at the corresponding belt drive layout in each FSM?

are you aware of the tensioner?

did you even try to read?

Comment

Bruh...
      Use z31 stuff, everything

z31 powersteering
      z31 alt bracket
      z31 water pump
      Using the vg33 crank and pulley, right?
      vg33 crank pulley
      vg33 waterpump pulley on z31 waterpump

Also, it looks like you have the crank pulley on backwards.

Comment

Nissan is just as lazy as us, why change things up when we can interchange it for 20yrs

Comment

Never mind about the power steering pump i just got my power steering pump worked out. Now i think where i screwed up is i need to get a z31 water pump so that the water pump pulley is closest to the engine rather then sticking out to the middle crank pulley path. Then i can use the xterra alternator i picked up at the junk yard and z31 water pump belt paths closes to the engine done and done i hope.

Oh im not sure that's the way it came and ive never seen a crank pulley like it until i saw the 2 1996 vg33s i chose from had them so im guessing its a 1996 vg33 thing. If i can flip it around that would make it easy to use my z31 power steering pump and pulley to bad i just modified my other pump. Im using a xterra crank pulley anyway that has 3 ribbed belt paths i just haven't put it on at the moment and I am using the vg33 crank and crank pulley. Thanks amreboot i just went over the message you sent me and saw you told me to use the z31 water pump and i missed it the first time i read it my fault.

By the way 88sinz i know you know your stuff about Z's and i don't mean to sound rude but i don't like when people make it seam like i didn't try or do my research before i posted, because i did read up as i said in my first post i just thought i could get some friendly advice based on their experience... and i don't know what you mean by each fsm but yes i did look at the drive system on a pathy xterra and quest at a junk yard.

Comment

Then you would have seen the tensioner moves the belt out of the coolant lines routing and the alternator will run off it's own belt

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/90BPcTDvut4/maxresdefault.jpg

Just because you looked at them in a junkyard 3 weeks ago doesn't mean you will remember it correctly today, use resources

You should try and get an Xterra crank pulley so you don't have to deal with V-belts

Comment

Working...
            X