Over heating issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heating issues

My Z was over heating, I was driving it hard with out the front bumper. I assume that's a big part of my problem, but I have a new water pump radiator some of the coolant lines, radiator cap and thermostat.
    Any ideas on how to help? I assume an electric fan would help. But I might be missing something simple. Thanks for the help!

I think you answered your own question
    1986zxt w/ '86, 56k mile, na engine (turbo bits swapped), K&N intake, 3" CM Performance turbo-back exhaust, Eibachs, KYB shocks, Front Mount Intercooler (2.5" plumbing), Turbosmart MBC/9 lbs, recirculating BOV, ASCO plenum, dual fans, Maxima alt, Champion 3 row Radiator.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package

Comment

champion rad
      e fans.

Comment

Since it sounds like you are, uh, more of a #yolo kinda dude... did you manage to 'burp' the cooling system properly after you did the rad, water pump, etc? The z31 setup is pretty picky, if you have any bubbles trapped in there you're gonna overheat, guaranteed. New rad and efans will not help with that one bit.

Good news is all you need to do it is patience.

Comment

i like to put the car on wheel ramps when venting the help move air pockets up

Comment

The car was free I have about 500 into it. And the body is very rough so yes it's my beater.
            But yes j did burp the system

Comment

Working...
            X