Combustion leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion leak?

OK so my brother bought a block tester from napa. (needs to replace head gasket on svx)
    Anyway I used it on my Z and bad results, fluid went from blue to yellow. So that means I need to replace my head gaskets too right.
    OR could something else cause a combustion leak?

Also if it is the heads you can replace the gaskets WITHOUT removing the engine right?

jedi85z wrote: OK so my brother bought a block tester from napa. (needs to replace head gasket on svx)
    Anyway I used it on my Z and bad results, fluid went from blue to yellow. So that means I need to replace my head gaskets too right.

Also if it is the heads you can replace the gaskets WITHOUT removing the engine right?
    It's way easier to remove the engine because you'll have broken manifold studs.

and it could be a valve seat that is also bad. either way the heads come off.

Comment

jedi85z wrote: OK so my brother bought a block tester from napa. (needs to replace head gasket on svx)

how do you know 100% you have a combustion leak?

what is happening with your car? it could be something else. a good sign saying you HG is bye bye open the rad cap while the engine is cold, and turn the engine on if bubbles start to come up and come u more with increase engine rpm then you probably do have one.

also check your oil after this. it could just be timing.

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
      Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
      My god... 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

Comment

[quote]New 2 Z wrote:
        Originally posted by jedi85z
        OK so my brother bought a block tester from napa. (needs to replace head gasket on svx)

how do you know 100% you have a combustion leak?

what is happening with your car? it could be something else. a good sign saying you HG is bye bye open the rad cap while the engine is cold, and turn the engine on if bubbles start to come up and come u more with increase engine rpm then you probably do have one.

also check your oil after this. it could just be timing.
        Come on guy, stop suggesting something you know nothing about. Thats fucking stupidest way to check your HG.

Comment

jedi85z wrote:

Yes you can easily replace the HG without removing the engine. Only downside is that you may break off manifold studs because they are a common problem from age. In that case take the heads to a machine shop.
          There is no reason for removing the engine as careless suggested.

Comment

I know I have a combustion leak because I used a block tester, thats its sole purpose

Comment

Block tester? A leak down tester?
              "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Comment

its a fluid that uses a chemical reaction to tell you if you have exhaust or gas....mixing with your coolant.
                Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
                Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
                sigpic

Comment

Axel kain wrote: its a fluid that uses a chemical reaction to tell you if you have exhaust or gas....mixing with your coolant.
                  give this man a cookie, atleast someone knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

[quote]sprtcrazy17 wrote:
                    Originally posted by jedi85z

Also if it is the heads you can replace the gaskets WITHOUT removing the engine right?Yes you can easily replace the HG without removing the engine. Only downside is that you may break off manifold studs because they are a common problem from age. In that case take the heads to a machine shop.
                    There is no reason for removing the engine as careless suggested.
                    Had I removed the engine when I did my headgasket, I would be driving my car now because of all the time I spent working on stupid shit while it was in the engine bay.

Comment

Working...
                    X