Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnooZn
    replied
    Well, I'll be danged. Hey guys, long time no Z!

Still have the '87. It's pretty much a daily driver and has been for a while because I've been a bit too lazy as of late to do overdue maintenance on the truck. Starting to get warm again so maybe I'll finally get it done.

Also time to do the timing belt again on the Z. Past due actually... so it will probably be first on the list.

Leave a comment:

• Twisted`Z
    replied
    Originally posted by SnooZn View Post
    Since it's 2021, I guess I'll log in at least once this decade and say hello. How many of the old guard are still around?
    I'm still here. Still have the 87 Slicktop, and two parts cars. But havent touched them in years, drove the slicktop for a week back in 2019 but she's worn out, needs more work.

I was on Facebook for the last decade or so, but November 2020 my Facebook was hacked and I don't feel the dire need to make a new one, additionally Facebook support is the definition of inefficient, still havent regained total access to the account, I was able to reset the password but the hacker set it to Vietnamese language and set up an Authenticator that I cannot access, and of course Facebook support only respons once a month, if that, so I've given up on it.

If anyone is curious about me or what I've been up to, in more detail, I've posted a thread in the social lounge.
    Last edited by Twisted`Z; 04-03-2021, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingT
    replied
    Hey,

I am still around and check in a few times a week. Activity is nothing like the old days. I miss the forum heydays. I don't do Facebook.

I still have my 85T and Z32, will never get rid of either of them. Owning a Zcar for 36 years and another for 26, they become family members with names. You don't trade in a brother or daughter. LOL

Leave a comment:

• SnooZn
    replied
    Since it's 2021, I guess I'll log in at least once this decade and say hello. How many of the old guard are still around?

Leave a comment:

• Twisted`Z
    replied
    Ah okay, I looked around for other people posting about similar issues and didn't find anything so I figured it was just on my end. Not familiar with this new layout didn't help either, lol!

Leave a comment:

• Z_Karma
    replied
    @Twisted'Z Something seems broken with a lot of the functions of the message board, it's not just your acct.

Leave a comment:

• Twisted`Z
    replied
    Sorry if not allowed, but this is the only way I can get in? Is my account restricted or something? I cant make posts or threads and none of the buttons work when i click on them, and only certain links work. Trying to make a post in the social lounge and it wont let me!! Its the same scenario on my work lap top, home PC and my iPhone. Even logging in is being troublesome... I cant even send private messages or change my profile/user settings. Tried the "contact us" feature and when i click submit it says failed due to missing security token. I'm confused...

Leave a comment:

• ShamWow
    replied
    Hey - Its been a minute. Just checking to see if my username still works

I tried to sell my Z for a bit, but decided to hang onto it and I sold my 24hrs of Lemons car instead.

I took it to gingerman twice last summer and its getting to be a fun track toy. I've just bought a trailer and plans to do more this coming season!
    Last edited by ShamWow; 01-19-2021, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• zachary.ard
    replied
    Welcome back! Glad to hear you got to keep the Z's!

Leave a comment:

• amartel
    replied
    Hey hi. It's been long time since I logged here, and even visit. I had 4 kids, changed 3 times job, but I've still managed to keep my parts car and my restored one. I started in the Z31 community back when Z31.com was still an active forum, there was no Nistune but Romulator, Powertrix was not existing, and I even bought parts on Z31performanceparts.com. However still like how deep some people had worked and stock knowledge on this forum for over 10-years.

Leave a comment:

• FairladySPL
    replied
    Pulled my Z out of my dad's garage this summer where it has been sitting frozen in carbonite for the past 8 years. I've been out of the car thing for so long but finally got the itch to get this thing cleaned up and back on the road properly again. It's crazy to see how things have changed since back in the glory days of the mid 2000's when drifting was just coming to be and you could find spare Z31s everywhere you looked for $500. Now I'm cringing at the fact that all of my black interior is long gone in a landfill somewhere and I want an adult car now so all of the pieces are either impossible to find, or are $$$. I've ordered a slew of parts and hoping over the winter to get this thing sorted on Stance coilovers, S13 subframe, Z32 rear brakes, Z33 axles, PBM arms, and rt.Trackpro front BBK. Also going to give a bootleg Route 71 rear wing a shot, replace the missing left side skirt and put on a matching L/F fender. The car is two hours away from my home but at least it has been out of the elements all this time and I'll have a second shot at building it how I always imagined it should be.
    Last edited by FairladySPL; 09-24-2020, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vagabond
    commented on 's reply
    Went to the graveyard years ago.

• Reds89
    replied
    Got my spare set of 16" 87 Turbo wheels powder coated to as close to the original 463 Dark Grey Metallic powder coat as possible. My friend who did this was also able to separate the metal face of the center cap from the plastic backing and powder coat those too. I should have talked to him about coloring in the "Z" on the center caps but overall I think the wheels look better with the AG2 Aztec Red than the silver wheels I had on before. I had a fresh set of 225/50/ General GMAX RS tires put on too.
    Last edited by Reds89; 07-14-2020, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bates Z31
    replied
    Went to put my R32 wheels on finally and realized I needed some big spacers for the front, which I had, but forgot to bring with me lol. Backs are on and they look great, need to go back with the spacers to get the fronts on. Will make the fronts nearly flush (maybe some tiny poke).

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Pepper PhD.
    replied
    Didn't catch this thread when picking back up the mantle. The quarantine has given me some time and motivation to start on the SS again. FB is too attention hungry, there is no way to keep track of projects. I also believe it is easier to track for sale threads here. But it appears the audience is not

Leave a comment:

Working...
X