No announcement yet.

Forum revive thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost halfway into breaking in my new clutch. I need to keep the end goal in sight here.

Comment

• jy1235689
      jy1235689 commented
      Editing a comment
      A fat burnout is at the end of that tunnel

My mechanic started working on my car a day or 2 ago. He was doing my headers yesterday. I might actually get the car back in a week. He still has some rust repair to do.

Comment

I'm buying back my first Z. It's been 2 years since I've seen it. Owner contacted me when I finally have room for it again and gave me a fair price.

I gave it an LSD
      I did NA2T with it in 1 weekend with a buddy
      I burned a lot of rubber in college with it
      I had break ups in it
      I annoyed my neighbors with it
      I lifted it for fat tires
      I rallied it in the snow every winter
      I drove it.
      I loved it.
      Last edited by jy1235689; 04-25-2019, 02:35 PM.
      1984 GLL 300ZX NA to VG30ET Engine Swap Big Turbo
      1987 Auto Rare Kouki Slicktop Velvet-Cake (NA2T in progress: parts sourced)

Comment

just took my 84 VG33ET out of storage for the season, started right up and ran like a top. Only plan is to put the passenger side block filter location into use and run two filters and a less janky oil cooler setup.

Comment

Originally posted by patx35 View Post
          Awhile back, I noticed that z31online.com is down for maintenance. It's been over a month and it's still down. Does anyone know what's going on with that site and if it would be up again? There's some nifty stuff I saw that I want to buy in the future.
          Last I heard through the rumor mill is that he is going through a career change. For now, you can get the same parts also "online" at pastpowerparts.com
          If there is something not offered there, you can message Zachary Ard above and he can probably hook you up!
          "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

I'm closing on my new home this upcoming Friday. I'm going to be saving up for a while but its the first place ill have with a garage. That means, after a bit of saving up, I can finally start focusing more on my 85 N/A Z. I have a lot of parts ready to be replaced and I finally have the time to start focusing on my first project. I'm beyond excited about it.

Comment

I bought my first Z back.
              it's bittersweet. some things are better, like the engine. Some things are worse, like the missing interior.
              1984 GLL 300ZX NA to VG30ET Engine Swap Big Turbo
              1987 Auto Rare Kouki Slicktop Velvet-Cake (NA2T in progress: parts sourced)

Comment

I finally get to drive my 88t consistenly after owning for almost 4 years. Looking at new wheels and tires then Nistune and intercooler fun. Also bought a 6062 precision turbo 3 years ago that I need to rebuild and get an external wastgate.

Powertrix coilovers
                z32 Transmission
                poly suspension
                Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Comment

Originally posted by jy1235689 View Post
                  I'm buying back my first Z. It's been 2 years since I've seen it. Owner contacted me when I finally have room for it again and gave me a fair price.

I gave it an LSD
                  I did NA2T with it in 1 weekend with a buddy
                  I burned a lot of rubber in college with it
                  I had break ups in it
                  I annoyed my neighbors with it
                  I lifted it for fat tires
                  I rallied it in the snow every winter
                  I drove it.
                  I loved it.
                  That car, is simply art dude
                  I daydream about getting my engine bay in that condition

iTs mORe woRtH iT tO JuSt sTaRt wiTh a tUrbO moDeL
                  Last edited by sagekh; 05-01-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Have to go pick up a crankshaft timing gear sprocket today since mine was friggin binded to my engine. Good times.

Comment

• Z_Karma
                      Z_Karma commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Holy shit, that fucker put up a fight!

• nismopu
                      nismopu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You should upgrade to a round tooth

Originally posted by jy1235689 View Post
                    I bought my first Z back.
                    it's bittersweet. some things are better, like the engine. Some things are worse, like the missing interior.
                    How would you plan to deal with the missing interior? Mine also have a stripped interior and the there's no parts Zs anywhere. All the ones for sale are in a "too nice" of a condition to be worth parting out.

Comment

Made my own short shifter setup for the 30A out of the common Made in China kit, an OEM ECR33 shifter, and some custom additions. Roughly 20% shorter travel of the knob. I'll post up a longer write-up of this with all of the details.

Comment

Installed the lip and rear spoiler on my '84, now counting 452228 miles on the OD. The lip proceeded to immediately fly off on the highway never to be seen again. It was an '86 lip so it didn't even fit right. It was $6 so I wasn't too bummed. I just said screw it and bought an '84 turbo lip off a guy on facebook.

Comment

• Reds89
                          Reds89 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          INsane number of miles. That is great.

Also bit the bullet and bought a B&M short shifter used for $150 and a shift knob with the classic Nismo logo.

Comment

• Reds89
                          Reds89 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Awesome shifter you'll love it. I have one too but I'll have to sell it once I swap. I wish it would fit on the 30A

Installed new lights in the workshop over the weekend. Now I can see how much more sanding I need to do before I can primer....

Maybe I'll unplug some lights.
                        --------------
                        Legal stuff:
                        **Nissan Employee**
                        Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
                        '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
                        '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
                        '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
                        '00 Corolla-- kids car.
                        '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Working...
                        X