Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jy1235689 View Post
    I went all in. Did I win?
    I like what you did with the color change on the tach and speedo.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I got my AC working!! I had to pull the dash and replace all the vacuum lines. It was a pain but well worth it. I doesn't blow super hard but it cools me off when it's 110 in this California heat. Who lives in Cali on their own terms beats me.
      Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Comment

• jy1235689
        jy1235689 commented
        Editing a comment
        My dashpot (the vacuum device that pulls the doors) had rubber-rot so it needed a new one to work. Had to pull out the entire dashboard...

I woke up and didn't have a Z31.

Comment

• jy1235689
        jy1235689 commented
        Editing a comment
        Stolen? Or you sold it?

• vagabond
        vagabond commented
        Editing a comment
        Went to the graveyard years ago.

Jesus, what an awful nightmare!

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

My non car guy buddy decided we talked about cars and bikes too much at work and decided to get a project. He couldn't decide between a Z32, 240sx, or an E36. I told him to check out Z31's. He fell in love and just so happens, one of the Marines in our squadron had an 85 2+2 that skipped a tooth and had been sitting for 6 months. Talked him down from 800 to 500 bucks and towed it to my house.

We tore the front end off and checked the timing belt. Timing belt was good and on the correct teeth. I told him to buy a battery and we'll put it back together. Tried to start but nothing. I pull the distributor out and it was way off. Got the engine to TDC and re stabbed the distributor. Starts up first try and purrs. The man has a running 5 spd with working digi dash and cold A/C for 600 bucks.
        Last edited by govbrown; 08-29-2019, 02:32 PM.
        Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Comment

Irritating...
        1984 GLL 300ZX NA to VG30ET Engine Swap Big Turbo
        1987 Auto Rare Kouki Slicktop Velvet-Cake (NA2T in progress: parts sourced)

Comment

• AzureblueZ
          AzureblueZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh sh!#. What happened?

• jy1235689
          jy1235689 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't have a heat gun. And a PO it seems already attempted this halfway and used superglue to reseal.

Have a used mint one on order to try again. and the old cracked one is already modded and ready to wire into the rear brake lights. Just filling the cracks one last time with gorilla glue and will hit it with
        1) DRY block sand (don't want the glue to get gooey)
        2) acetone wipe to get that factory smooth finish.

Comment

talked a buddy back home into the Z31 bug, he picked up a 86T in great condition. He goes pretty hard in the S-chassis and local drift scene. He's no squid and slides with a great crew, can't wait to see how it turns out

Comment

• jy1235689
            jy1235689 commented
            Editing a comment
            Every z31 drift project is a minimum $5k just to do it right (subframe swap, lsd diff, suspension, turbo+ecu) you've financially ruined your bud

just doing my job! lol

they've been a Nissan tech for awhile and ended up digging out an original hardprint FSM from the back

$5K? thats small beans baby

Comment

Had the Z31T in storage for the last few years because life got in the way (health and financial). But recently I have spent some time cleaning up the Z and fixing a few things that have gone wrong. Like the brakes not working, reinstalling the interior.

After a good washing, I am now focused in getting a drive in it soon. After having a car for almost 35 years, seeing it cleaned up and looking pretty, I have been bitten by the diseaZe again. When starting it and moving it outside to wash it, I missed driving it. Funny how out of sight or of mind some things could be. Moving recently and now having a proper garage to store and work on the 2 Zcars puts them both in my sight. Soon I will open a thread showing what I am doing finishing the 85T. This has taken way too long.
            Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
            85 Turbo, original owner, restored
            93 NA Babied

Comment

I am really glad to see you back in action Scott! I was wondering if you had battled past your health issues, and it's awesome to have the OG's coming back to the roost.

-Zack
              Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

Comment

• FlyingT
                FlyingT commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually, my health is pretty good. I did have the stage 3B melanoma scare in 2009, and 3 vertebra fused earlier in 2009. According to my oncologist who checks my blood for like 80 things every few months, I have the blood of an 18 year old. Normal everything. No high BP, no high cholesterol, sugar is fine, I don't take meds for anything. Don't need them. I won the lottery with beating the cancer. Stats say I had a 15 to 25% chance of being alive after 5 years. I am now at 10 years post cancer with no trace of it anywhere.

My problems are more muscular skeletal. Both wrists are screwed with calcium crystals destroying the cartilage, called CPPD. Both thumbs also screwed up most likely from the CPPD. My back also only got slightly better from the spinal fusion from 2009. hurts all the time. 3 years ago I blew out by right knee with 3 of the quadricept muscle tendons completely tearing off my knee, putting me on my back for 2 months and not able to walk at all for 4 months. Also not being able to drive for a year without pain.

So the projects I started a few years ago got put on the back burner. My worry is, is my body going to allow me to finish the resto I started in 2005? All I have to do is get the brakes working and finish the resto on the interior. I am feeling reasonably good enough to restart my projects, until something else happens again. Like 3 weeks ago when I broke a rib go karting when I hit the wall hard at 50MPH.

Anyway, I am excited to get this finished and be able to drive a car I have owned for over 34 years and driven over 300K miles. The car looks brand new inside and out and has been garaged since 2005. Other than the brakes, everything mechanical has been restored. Wish me luck on completing it, I can't wait.
                Last edited by FlyingT; 09-18-2019, 05:47 PM.

Looks like I limited my audience on FB with the local Socal Z31 group, so I'm posting up several items for sale from an early 87 Turbo. Sorry, nothing good like engine or differential. Not pictured are brown interior parts like center console and rear plastics, but brown interior is a tough sell. Willing to ship all I can, so let me know. If anyone is in the area, I'll be at JCCS in Long Beach this weekend.

Comment

• destinyarrives
                destinyarrives commented
                Editing a comment
                Is it weird that I like the brown interiors? If I didnt live halfway across the country Id be interested lol

Been working on this one for half a week

Comment

• Bates Z31
                Bates Z31 commented
                Editing a comment
                Those look awesome!!!!!!! I’d love to know your process.

• jy1235689
                jy1235689 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sandpaper. Haven't buffed yet. Start with blacked out wheels and the dumb basket weave will look like a uniform hole.

• designate72
                designate72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Those look great, I think I have a set of those wheels from an 85T. Will have to give that a try.

Test Look!

Comment

Originally posted by jy1235689 View Post
                Test Look!
                Love the patch on the right rear tire. lol
                Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
                85 Turbo, original owner, restored
                93 NA Babied

Comment

• jy1235689
                  jy1235689 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's holding the balance weight until I finished polishing.
              Working...
              X