No announcement yet.

Forum revive thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it's 2021, I guess I'll log in at least once this decade and say hello. How many of the old guard are still around?
    - Visit my Z31 Cardomain pages -|- Visit my website! / 73, de AE5NW -

The phrase "It's just the Internet" is not an excuse to be an illiterate dolt.

Comment

Hey,

I am still around and check in a few times a week. Activity is nothing like the old days. I miss the forum heydays. I don't do Facebook.

I still have my 85T and Z32, will never get rid of either of them. Owning a Zcar for 36 years and another for 26, they become family members with names. You don't trade in a brother or daughter. LOL
      Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
      85 Turbo, original owner, restored
      93 NA Babied

Comment

Originally posted by SnooZn View Post
        Since it's 2021, I guess I'll log in at least once this decade and say hello. How many of the old guard are still around?
        I'm still here. Still have the 87 Slicktop, and two parts cars. But havent touched them in years, drove the slicktop for a week back in 2019 but she's worn out, needs more work.

I was on Facebook for the last decade or so, but November 2020 my Facebook was hacked and I don't feel the dire need to make a new one, additionally Facebook support is the definition of inefficient, still havent regained total access to the account, I was able to reset the password but the hacker set it to Vietnamese language and set up an Authenticator that I cannot access, and of course Facebook support only respons once a month, if that, so I've given up on it.

If anyone is curious about me or what I've been up to, in more detail, I've posted a thread in the social lounge.
        Last edited by Twisted`Z; 04-03-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Well, I'll be danged. Hey guys, long time no Z!

Still have the '87. It's pretty much a daily driver and has been for a while because I've been a bit too lazy as of late to do overdue maintenance on the truck. Starting to get warm again so maybe I'll finally get it done.

Also time to do the timing belt again on the Z. Past due actually... so it will probably be first on the list.

Comment

My car takes up a prime position in my garage while 2 cars are parked outside, so if it didn't run strong and still allow me to drive it hard I would put a bullet in her head! I wish this board was a little busier, but seems like these type of forums are not as busy as they were back in the old days. I remember Z31.com days with "Morgan" whoever that dude was that board was busy in the 90's and early 2000's and I got tons of great advise, lines on parts and repairs too. This board has been great but it is slow, but I think NICO is slow too and even the biggest Mercedes Benz board I just started using a year ago is pretty slow.

Comment

Personally, I blame Facebook for a majority of that.

I still keep the Arkansas Z Car Club website up and online along with its forums, but they almost never get used anymore. That decline started when everyone started talking on Facebook as it makes quick messages super easy and folks tend to get a bit lazy.

What I hate about it is that information gets lost within a couple of weeks if not days or hours depending upon how many people use it.
              It has been the reason for many a slow death of popular forums and websites, but small and large... far and wide.

Z31.com was a unique experience. That which did not kill you there made you stronger. Made many a post there.

Comment

Z31.com was a unique experience. That which did not kill you there made you stronger...
                Indeed.

It beat you into compliance with a online code of conduct that I still adhere to: Do your research and ask informed and detailed questions to the best of your ability.

Also don't hotlink, else tubgirl will haunt your dreams.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

• krog 86t
                  krog 86t commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah yes, tubgirl, goatse and "anything is possible with enough money" "girl" still simultaneously haunt me and bring back good memories.

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post

Also don't hotlink, else tubgirl will haunt your dreams.
                I had managed to purge that from my memory.

... until now.

Comment

Originally posted by SnooZn View Post
                  Personally, I blame Facebook for a majority of that.

I still keep the Arkansas Z Car Club website up and online along with its forums, but they almost never get used anymore. That decline started when everyone started talking on Facebook as it makes quick messages super easy and folks tend to get a bit lazy.

What I hate about it is that information gets lost within a couple of weeks if not days or hours depending upon how many people use it.
                  It has been the reason for many a slow death of popular forums and websites, but small and large... far and wide.

Z31.com was a unique experience. That which did not kill you there made you stronger. Made many a post there.
                  I agree 100%. A lot of old sites and forums I've used back then are gone or vacant now. Z31.com was like the main place to go on the internet, for me, before Facebook. In fact, the only reason I migrated to Facebook was because all my old online hangout spots were emptying out and disappearing.

Facebook is the degradation of humanity. Sure its initial idea to allow you be in contact with friends and family far and wide was a decent idea, it quickly turned into a pit of trolls and illiterate idiots. Its ruined relationships and friendships for many, and just causes unnecessary drama.

I miss the days of having to figure things out on your own, and having to go to a library or book store to sift through magazines and books to find the information you needed. Having to wait and be patient for people to help you, and having to pick up the phone and call someone to get a hold of them. The days when touch screen and wireless technology were only seen in Star Trek or other television shows.

Comment

• YouTube is really the only thing I enjoy out of "social media" if its even considered that but....

Donut Media is a automotive channel on YouTube, that I've grown fond of. They have a video talking about pop up headlights. They even made a little jam song about it... that DIDN'T feature any 300ZX pop up lights.

Well in the full version of this song that they released in January 2021 finally includes more cars, including the 300ZX. The song is kind of hip-hoppy but I appreciate the silliness of it as well as they finally put some Z31's in the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDtiO29v1Ac

Comment

• My Z has been on jackstands for 5 years.
                      I could use some help, but hard to find anyone to help me with it. Small progress sometimes, but year since last touched.

Jason's RedZ31 pages and AZ-Zbum's pages are still running on my web server. Been trying to transfer them to someone else to host.
                      Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                      Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                      http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennedy View Post
                        Jason's RedZ31 pages and AZ-Zbum's pages are still running on my web server. Been trying to transfer them to someone else to host.
                        How much traffic do they get? Just curious, what kind of bandwidth it would take to host them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaur View Post
                          How much traffic do they get? Just curious, what kind of bandwidth it would take to host them.

Zbum - 513 MB July, 20/30MB day
                          Jason - 1.29 GB July, 50/60MB day
                          When looking this year. Seems pretty close to those numbers in every month.

Jason page has few images that are broken. Mainly JPG vs jpg in names.

They are running in US site of Godaddy currently.
                          Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                          Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                          http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

• Hi z31 nation and any of you might remember me. I was linked here by google nistune search and supriced to discovered this thread. I have been driving Z only sunny days after majour built years ago, still going strong and fresh, no plans of selling never. I tune it couple of times a year for fun and to keep me up with nistune. Z is been babied, boost has been lowered , I went to dark side, now building vettes.

Comment

• lmao fuck facebonk and fuck elan must bring back the good old forums
                              i've made the same 199.9rwhp in my z31 for 8 years time to change it finally

Comment

Working...
                              X