Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFR Drift Day 14 at Autobahn Country Club 4-15-07

Register herehttp://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...96695404551342

Drift Day 14 registration is now up. DD14 will take place at a new venue for ClubFR at Autobahn Country Club. Autobahn recently completed construction of their kart track and we will be using that for DD14. This event will be round 1 of the Midwest Cup Series. The beginning of the day will consist of a regular drift day, instructors will be on hand so feel free to ask for assistance.

The day will consist of practice runs all morning, at the end of the day we will begin the competition with judged single runs, from there the top 8 will be decided. Those meeting the requirements for tandem will then tandem battle to decide the winners.

As a reminder this is not a drift day only for competitors, at the day of the event you will be asked whether or not you are competing, if you are not, you still have most of the entire day to drive.

Event Info
    Day: Sunday, April 15th
    Time: See Schedule
    Driver Cost: $120*
    Spectator Cost: $10**
    Additional Info: Sunoco Race Gas is located on the facility for your convenience. Concession stands are also located at the facility.
    *Note: Cost increase is only for Autobahn Country Club due to increase in price of rental, all other venues will stay at old price.
    **Note: Each driver is allowed one passenger/pit crew member, all others will be charged $10 fee by Autobahn, not ClubFR.

Sponsors
    Touge Factory
    Central Motorwerks
    Turbo240
    Drift Line USA
    Kougaku Racing

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact me at mailto:Simba@clubfr.net

Prizes
    1st Place
    $200 GC to TougeFactory/Origin/STANCE
    $100 GC to Central Motorwerks

2nd Place
    $100 GC to Turbo240
    $50 GC to Central Motorwerks
    Tension Rods c/o Drift Line USA

3rd Place
    $25 GC to Central Motorwerks
    Kougaku Water Pump Pulley

More prizes to come

Schedule
    7:30 - Gates Open
    8:00 - Tech Inspection
    8:50 - Mandatory Drivers Meeting
    9:00 - Practice starts
    3:00 - Competition Drivers Meeting
    3:10 - Single Run Qualifications
    4:30 - Top 8 Tandem
    5:45 - Awards/Cleanup

Track Info
    http://www.autobahncountryclub.net

sigpic

Im so jealous that you have something so cool like that by you....all we have is the gay circle track with the figure 8 in the middle.........
    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

Well, this may be the first and last time we use this course since it is so expensive to rent out. I hope not. The asphalt is easy on tires and when the track expands next year it should rival the most popular drift/kart circuits in Japan. My car will probly not be as together as I would like it to be by this event, but I don't want to miss out on it.
      sigpic

Comment

It's sooooo plastered on my calendar. Now if I can keep from plastering over it :-/

I plan to run my 84T with the DT05R's I got from butter provided they dont rub.

Comment

Yesssss. PICS.

Hurry up and register, because this one will fill up in no time and it will give you an incentive not to plaster over it.
          sigpic

Comment

I am signed up and paid! No backing out now!!!

My 87 is still not running so it's still in the garage. Just need some misc hardware, and time to get her up and going. I put the wheels on my 84 just for you to see pics :-) I think they look better on the 87.

Sorry, I took the pics with my phone:

http://www.redz31.com/images/car/dt1.jpg
            http://www.redz31.com/images/car/dt2.jpg
            http://www.redz31.com/images/car/dt3.jpg
            http://www.redz31.com/images/car/dt4.jpg
            http://www.redz31.com/images/car/dt5.jpg

Comment

THAT'S TOO DAMN COOL!!!

I'll be there, unfortunately as a spectator only...

Butter - are you racing? do you need a crew memberor two? If so, let me know if you need me to bring any tools, etc.

Mike.
              '84 AE Z31 - last time it was dyno'd - 392RWHP, 431 Ft-Lb RWTQ.

For this year - building a VG33, bigger turbo (GT35R BB), just got done with making my own custom roll cage, all of the bodywork and a new paint job!

Want more details? Check out my profile on vg30et.com!

Comment

Yes, I am driving. I will probly have somebody riding with me though.
                sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't need to ride with you - I would drive a car there, but wouldn't have my Z ready that soon, so wouldn't enter. I will probably drive my FX35, so would have room for tools, etc. if you need any help - just let me know well beforehand so I can plan for that if needed.

Later,
                  Mike.
                  '84 AE Z31 - last time it was dyno'd - 392RWHP, 431 Ft-Lb RWTQ.

For this year - building a VG33, bigger turbo (GT35R BB), just got done with making my own custom roll cage, all of the bodywork and a new paint job!

Want more details? Check out my profile on vg30et.com!

Comment

Someone please take lots of pics and vids! I need a new wallpaper!
                    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
                    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
                    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

count me in as a spectator! My car is not set up for drift and it probably won't even be in one piece by then.
                      Funny stories!

Comment

FULL
                        :twisted:
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.streetkaizo.com/kaizophoto/e ... /index.htm

http://bigb.ws/dd14/

SYNOPSIS

-Jason arrives Sat night along with 15 other people and semi-party rages until 2AM
                          -Everybody wakes up late and hungover
                          -My tire is flat
                          -Nobody is sure how to get to the track (minor oversight). I get elected to lead. On the way, we pass within 1/2 mi of the track, then take 20 mile detour because nobody answers their phones.
                          -It's cold, and track looks like the least funnest yet. At least it's close.
                          -Jason does some runs, understeer is prevalent.
                          -I ride along and give instruction.
                          -Jason does a little better
                          -I do some runs, get lot of snap oversteer
                          -Drop my tire pressure, car feels awesome handling wise.
                          -1st corner is tricky.
                          -Jason runs out of film in his camera.
                          -My wastegate is so loud it causes me to think I'm at a higher RPM
                          -Engine misfires midcourse due to bandaid fuel system.
                          -New BOV is a piece of shit too and is leaking.
                          -I suck up some duct tape in my MAF
                          -I get 2 runs that I was happy with, but no clean runs all day.
                          -Jason up again.
                          -Jason rips off 2 kickass runs and then looses concentration
                          -Jason uses the side of his DT05R wheel as a sod cutter.
                          -Tires do not wear at all on this track.
                          -AE86 blows a tire=massive delay by track employees
                          -I'm up again
                          -Pull an ebrake for 50 yds and almost back it into a tire barrier
                          -Grip Gambler Eric blows a power steering line=oil all over track+fire
                          -I receive 12th place out of 40 for my bumbling performance.
                          -Event is cut short due to Autobahn being gay
                          -Get ready to leave and discover my fuel sending unit has been unplugged the whole time.
                          -Plug it back in and gas gauge pegs to zero.
                          -Pull off off-ramp and engine cuts off
                          -Coast 1/4 mile straight into gas station.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice action pix

What kind of engine mods do you have?

Comment

Butter wrote:
                              -Jason rips off 2 kickass runs and then looses concentration
                              -Jason uses the side of his DT05R wheel as a sod cutter.
                              -Tires do not wear at all on this track.
                              -Pull off off-ramp and engine cuts off
                              -Coast 1/4 mile straight into gas station.

It seemed like I would get "in the groove" for only short periods of time. Running the double-laps they were doing at first in the afternoon helped a lot. I would have really liked to keep doing those...

The mud caked into my wheel made it so imbalanced that my next run sucked balls.

More horsepower is not better for drift, setup is everything... if I set it up for drift I don't think I could enjoy it as much doing everything else. Tires, when run into, are not actually as nice to paint as one might think.

Glad to hear you got home... something was trying to kill my Z on the way back:

1. got off I80E to get gas, 4" drop into gas parking lot that I see at the last second. Felt like I drove off a cliff, great.

2. Leaving gas station, truck in front of me swerves, going 45 or so. I swerve as well, not able to see what he is swerving for until it's a little too late. There's a volcano of asphalt in the middle of the street, just chilling. Seriously, it was like 8" high. Went around it on the right, but I could not avoid it with the left wheels... left side was thrown up about a 18 inches or so into the air from my perspective, it felt like I was driving on two wheels for a second and then the car came back down... BAM! maxing out the suspension and nailing my downpipe against the pavement.

3. Downpipe falls off. Apparently the three bolts were loose and the shock of the sudden emergency touchdown jarred them loose. All I know is two of them are missing along with the donut gasket. Tighten the one remaining bolt and continue on my way. The car sounds completely badass at idle with the big exhaust leak.

4. Driving back on 80 about 5 miles before 94, a 5-foot long chunk of angle aluminum flies up from being run over by the car in front of me. I cram on the brakes and instead of hitting my windshield, I run over it. Hits the bottom of the car with a massive WHAM. I pulled over to inspect the tires and see if there was any damage. Nothing wrong, just a dent that looks like someone took a sledgehammer to my drivers side frame rail!

Fun trip either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X