filling out your profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling out your profile

Can we make it manditory for ppl to put their names in their profiles? I see so many hiding behind their SN and it would be nice to see who ppl are talking to and with on debates etc etc. I just think its very impersonable to not know who you are dealing with or discussing things with. Call me old fashion...whatever, I just feel its important for ppl to state who they are.
    Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
    Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Okay then.... You're old fashioned.

I prefer to keep myself as anonymous as possible on the internet, though yes I have told the members of this forum my name, I don't quite think anyone's looking for me on here.

Everywhere else though I never give my name. And it is my right as an american on the internet, to remain anonymous.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    "Aim towards the Enemy." --
    Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

86 N/A:Rebuilt Autotragic, Cat Delete, PRW-2, Poly Bushings, MSA sway bars, Pioneer HU and Speakers, Sleepy Eyes
    Current 0-60: 10.0 flat =[

Comment

I agree, anonymity is hard enough to maintain as it is... the last thing you want is a search crawler collating your life without your consent

Comment

Tech@EPR;328275 wrote: Can we make it manditory for ppl to put their names in their profiles? I see so many hiding behind their SN and it would be nice to see who ppl are talking to and with on debates etc etc. I just think its very impersonable to not know who you are dealing with or discussing things with. Call me old fashion...whatever, I just feel its important for ppl to state who they are.
        lol are you butthurt or something? no one has to prove who they are to anyone. aren't you the guy who's protesting the release of data that people are asking you for? your request is really childish. people know exactly who I am, so i'm not being biased either. It's just a ridiculous request, especially from someone who doesn't even share data about z31's.

Comment

As we buy and sell we eventually get to know each other.
          Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
          if it fails, fuck it.
          at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

if anything, the old - location, and vehicle type should be mandatory more than anything, so there's less confusion.

unless doing business with someone, there's no real need for more information. If I have a SN as Jim Bob, thats how you know me, weather its my real name or not is regardless, thats how you know me here. I have met locals, and we start off with SN's to faces, then learn real names! who you are is not defined by your name!
            Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
            Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
            sigpic

Comment

Plenty of the active members here are often at large Z meetings/conventions... make a trek out to Branson sometime and you'll meet half the board :P
              1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

Raff..you seriously need a midol and a tampon. Your trying to compare two totally different things. All Im saying is that it would be nice to know who everyone is talking to. And just like you state...no one has to prove anything to anyone...so that goes for me as well in not having to prove or disclose anything I do to anyone. Im not protesting the release of data....Im just very cautious about what I say regarding the work I do. Be it as it may...I don't see you working all too hard at trying to fix issues with a VG30 or an RB...or for that matter...ANY engine. So why don't you just continue your piss poor attitude to yourself instead of throwing it around.

My request is not ridiculous. Whats ridiculous is you whining all the damn time about things and sounding like a woman when you are irritated or don't get the information you think you are privileged to.

as for Bransom...I wish I could attend..unfortunately its always in the middle of my schedule. Hopefully one day though. We'll see.

If its such an issue regarding my question then just close the thread and move on. Its not a big deal.
                Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
                Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Comment

Working...
                X