IDEA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDEA!

how about we have a new forum section called the shitcan for all these spam posts?

idea I jacked from PCApex's forum

it would fill up with 100 emails a day about people in Africa wanting to buy my car for 5K more than its worth :lol: :lol:

Comment

How is it easier to move them than it is to delete them?

Some are actually doing direct SQL injections, usually without an account and I'm not sure how that happens. Tehpopa (Justin) thinks he has an idea. We have actually had a much worse spam problem here than I think anybody really knows about, and that's because of good moderation and administration deleting posts and users as fast as we can. It's become an overwhelming amount of overhead, ask any of the moderators. We have probably deleted about 2000+ spam accounts so far this year.

Comment

Holy crap!!!

Do you have one of those "type the letters you see in the box above" things?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Do you need more people to moderate here?

When you are a sleep i'm at work and online.
          +7h atlease time difference.
          And i have done moderator work hence 1999.. and i'm running my own forums too.

Jason84NA2T wrote: Tehpopa (Justin) thinks he has an idea. We have actually had a much worse spam problem here than I think anybody really knows about, and that's because of good moderation and administration deleting posts and users as fast as we can. It's become an overwhelming amount of overhead, ask any of the moderators. We have probably deleted about 2000+ spam accounts so far this year.
          Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
          Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
          http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Kennedy wrote: Do you need more people to moderate here?
            I think we are doing a good job so far, as they last no more than a few hours each time some crap is posted, and it always seems to end up in the social lounge.
            I think we can fix 90% of the spambot problem on the backend, we already have 6 moderators which we all believe is more than enough.

Comment

Working...
            X