Ok so i hate to sound like another dumb newbie but here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so i hate to sound like another dumb newbie but here goes

I was wondering if anyone had keep the t25 turbine and used a t3 or t4 compressor. Or is this not possible? I am new to turbos and just bought an 88ss.

There would be little point. The T25 turbine is so small it would limit flow before any T3 compressor had much of a chance to work.

Size a turbo properly and you will not have issues with lag or spool up time. They may be there, but you wont care or even notice because it is suited for your needs/wants.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Steve88t wrote: There would be little point. The T25 turbine is so small it would limit flow before any T3 compressor had much of a chance to work.

Size a turbo properly and you will not have issues with lag or spool up time. They may be there, but you wont care or even notice because it is suited for your needs/wants.
      Actually, the T25 turbine is a T3 turbine, it just has some small differences. It wouldn't be ideal to use it, but should work fine if you decided to.

T25 on bottom, my T3/T4 on top.
      Originally posted by Andrew84zx
      tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
      545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I don't care what family it is, it is too small for any kind of power at all. You'd have more potential with a stock t3 unit than upgrading a t25.

Now if you have quantified numbers regarding this conversation I may change my opinion. Anyone?

Comment

Yes you can do it. But dont. You will end up regreating putting that money into a small turbo like that when for only slightly more or possible even the same amount, you could get a larger turbo that you will most likley want or need later anyways.

I cant tell you how many times I got a turbo and then realized it was too small for my future plans.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Ok so i dont have any numbers but i was thinking of ideas. Once again i am new there for i do not know what can and can't be done. I understand that a t25 has the compressor of a small t3 would it be possible to a upgrade that (the compressor) to a t4. I am asking because i like how the fast the t25 spools. I have driving/riden in several other turbo cars all with a t3/t4.

My other question is how much would you guys say that an 88 shiro in good condition with 140K fetch? I ask because that is what i bought with out relizing that there where only a 1003 made and was wanting to know if it is a collectors item that could fetch a pretty penny in stock form (which it is) or if it's just another z with a fancy ass name. Thanks

Comment

An SS with 140k will only be worth what someone is willing to pay.
              AE's and SS's do go for a decent amount of money, but we're talking about apples and oranges here.

These models that nab top dollar are usually alot lower mileage, have every paper invoice that ever involved the car, and are in very nice shape.

Mileage is the first thing to drive the value into the pits, second is the condition.

Your car sounds to be like the typical high mileage z31 that has a value of around $1500-$2500.(This is of course, being stated with-out any further information or pictures of your actual car)

Dan 8)
              Attached Files
              I am here to help...

Comment

No, the T25 turbine and a T3 turbine are not at all the same. T25's are dinky in comparison, and a T3 turbine is already pretty dinky.

If you like the spool of the T25 and want more power, look into a GT28RS. That will give you the same if not better spoolup, and much more power potential (at a price).

Comment

SATAN wrote:

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
                  That Philosophy(more or less) is the main reason I own enough weapons and ammo to start my own revolution @ 27.hehe. Better shutup as I wouldn't want unwanted attention from all the Federal tryants with way to much time and money.

Anyway, I couldn't agree more with most of the above remarks. A T25 is a bloody waste of time and money(Unless your going to run her on your kids 4 stroke mini-bike).

I can say from experience that Garett GT's are incredible but as Jason pointed out they come @ a price.
                  Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Ok one more question than i will shut the hell up for about six months (that's when i plan on having the money to start the mods/rebuild) What is the size of my fuel tank, what is the typical fuel milage for a stock z, and just for shittz and giggles what is the average milage for some with 350 to 400 rwhp? I know that when you start reaching those numbers you aren't really worried about you mpg but i figured if you had a boost controller and turned it down to about nothing it would help a little right?

Comment

Tank is 19 or 20 I forget.
                      MPG ranges from 10-30per.
                      Big turbo or boost controller does not affect MPG as you think, your foot does.

Comment

lostinthemadness wrote: Ok one more question than i will shut the hell up for about six months (that's when i plan on having the money to start the mods/rebuild) What is the size of my fuel tank, what is the typical fuel milage for a stock z, and just for shittz and giggles what is the average milage for some with 350 to 400 rwhp? I know that when you start reaching those numbers you aren't really worried about you mpg but i figured if you had a boost controller and turned it down to about nothing it would help a little right?
                        Words for the wise. It's already a cliche to say it but....Their truly is no stupid questions but stupid answers in this world. The reality is that everyone gets lazy on the net and they want IMMEDIATE answers to every mundade question they have.

This site has a Search feature...USE IT! I know from experience that said feature is very bandwidth intenstive and bandwith isn't cheap...period. Take advantage. This site just keeps growing and growing so the collective knowledge will just increase.

To answer your question in more detail about MPG on a boosted application.(Steve did a great job of being short and sweet) Bottom line, if you drive like a Gradnma you'll get very fair gasmileage, when your on the boost you'll start sucking gas. So, drive like a grandma for basic commuting and open that bitch up when you wanna go fast in a responsible manner. Some fuctards in a Toyota Supra almost killed my grandmother last year. Life isn't the Fast& The Furious.
                        Attached Files
                        Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X