blow off valve/stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blow off valve/stalling

im running a stock motor and stock boost and im using a Greddy Type S blow off valve that dumps into the atmosphere!
    and my car stalls after it blows off, unless i get back on the gas!

my friend has a blow off valve also that vents to the atmosphere only his car dosent stall out!

just wondering if anyone else as this problem and what BOV your are using!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

It is because you are loosing air that has gone thru the maf that the computers reads as there. So it is matching the fuel to the air, but the air is just leaving to the atmosphere.

Ur buddy probably has a MAP type sensor

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote:
      Ur buddy probably has a MAP type sensor
      my friend drives a 50th AE with the jimwolf setup, and were both venting to the atmosphere, only my car stalls out! it really sucks!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

O krikeys...

Well, maybe urs is letting out more air?

Comment

Yes that is why it is stalling. MAF vehicles have this problem. in order to fix it run it back into the system right before the turbo instaed of atmos.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

or run straight pipes and bung weld a spark plug into your muffler... you'll shoot flames every time you shift!
            Funny stories!

Comment

Wait, what?>?>?>?>

Comment

Basically when you have a BOV after the MAF it'll make your car run rich for the second or so after it vents. There might be enough fuel left unburnt in your exhuast gas to light with a spark plug.

Air goes through the MAF and is metered, then some of it is let out the BOV. The car thinks the volume of air entering the engine is actually greater than what is going in, so it injects fuel to compensate for the metered air. Since there isn't as much air as there normally would be, the Air/fuel ratio is skewed in the rich (more fuel) direction.
                It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

homestar wrote: or run straight pipes and bung weld a spark plug into your muffler... you'll shoot flames every time you shift!
                  HAHAHA!

...that sounds fun
                  Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                  1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                  2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

OMG, i wanna try

Comment

the problem is how to light the spark at the right time without a coil and such. a cat would probably foil this trick, too if you have one.
                      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Just wire the plug to the battery, and throw a switch in-line inside the car.

What, no.
                        I havn't sereously though about doing this before. :twisted:
                        Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                        1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                        2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

FreeLanceBum wrote: Just wire the plug to the battery, and throw a switch in-line inside the car.

What, no.
                          ya know you could just run the spark all the time on an oscillator.
                          Funny stories!

Comment

Or you could even stay on topic, that would be way awesomer! haha
                            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

[quote]homestar wrote:
                              Originally posted by FreeLanceBum
                              Just wire the plug to the battery, and throw a switch in-line inside the car.

What, no.
                              ya know you could just run the spark all the time on an oscillator.
                              Yep, I'm thinking something on the lines of a 555 timer and an ignition coil.
                              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Working...
                              X