No announcement yet.

internal questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fast300zx wrote: Ok thanks steve. Also i was reading about the vg34 and was wondering is that just a vg30et bored out.
    You read about it but they didn't say how the engine arrived at 3.4 liters?
    It's funny I googled "nissan vg34" and the first result yielded information in the first line of the page as to which engine they used as a starting point.

I'm trying real hard to keep being nice here. You should start doing some more legwork yourself.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Ok, 88t if you wanna be that way then I don't need your information. I looked, but the site I was at didn't say how they got there. I was just curious.
      Oh and I did another search and i was right(kinda) they bore it out it is just a stroker.
      Attached Files

Comment

Heres what you should run.

JE forged pistons custom to 9:1 compression
        O-ringed block
        eagle rods
        all balanced
        Satan style manifold
        GT42R turbo
        4" stainless exhaust
        860cc siemens injectors
        A TEC II stand alone
        dual walbros
        a custom sheet metal intake(Ported)
        an infinity Q45 throttle body
        3" I/C pipes
        24"x12"x4" I/C with 3" in and outs
        A magnafuel fpr
        88 turbo tranny and rearend
        clutch specialties 6 puck Iron disk with 2600 psi P. plate
        Ported and polished heads
        shnider cams and springs
        1/2" fuel line
        custom 1/2" fuel rails
        AN fittings everywhere
        Greddy profed B boost controller
        Thats about all I'm willing to think of right now Oh and when you make your 600whp without nitrous(or with either way) Dont forget to drive around with nothing but slicks on the back so you can use the 600hp
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Thank you very much. My question is that running 9 to 1 what kinda boost can i run with that without tearing it to shreads. Also arnt eagle rods know for exploding.
          thanks

Comment

I also think that the gt4088 would be plenty though.

Comment

fast300zx wrote: Thank you very much. My question is that running 9 to 1 what kinda boost can i run with that without tearing it to shreads. Also arnt eagle rods know for exploding.
              thanks
              Lets see with that set up, I am planning on running about 28psi(I dont have 9:1 though) just off the shelf JE's for Turbo. And I've never heard of eagles exploding more than any other rod that was abused. eagle makes a very good product. If you want better than eagle go with Pauter or somthing pricey like that. I have a lot of confidence that the Eagles will hold 750-800whp. I'll let you know before too too long :wink: Oh minus the clutch ops: prolly wont hold 800whp. but 600whp deffinatly

Comment

Oh and when you make your 600whp without nitrous(or with either way) Dont forget to drive around with nothing but slicks on the back so you can use the 600hp

Their's so much reality to that statement it hurts. Maybe I'll buy a Subaru WRX rolling chassis one of these days and put a VG or rb in her. I love my S14 but that bitch needs the SKyline 4x4 crap swapped in for my power goals..hehe.

This thread is all over the place but I'm so impressed with all the members that have tried to help you Fast300zx. Instead of saying a bunch of things that might offend you as your obivously easily offended I'll just get to the point.

How much money are you willing to spend on this project over the course of the next two years as you've said? 700 crank HP on a nicely built Turbo SOHC VG engine is a VERY reasonable goal but one must consider traction issues(ususally the lack their-of.hehe) as Satan pointed out above and reality..lol. You said you want to drift race, not my cup of tea but I can respect that. You said you wanna drag race. So your not looking for a car that you can put on the street @ that power level are ya?

I love the Carrillo H-beam rods with the Carr bolts. THeir's guys putting 1900+HP to those rods with no problems. They cost $1500 though which is as much as three entire NA VG30E engines. Just buy used Nissan *TT* rods. These are the DOHC VG30DETT rods. With ARP rod bolts or something stronger the *TT* rods will laugh @ your power goals and they can probably be found for less then Eagle rods that are now made in China...PUKE! No offense to Satan but I'll never waste my money on Eagle rods now. Hell you could cryo treat them and possibly still be around the Eagle price. If your doing most of the work yourself your saving a ton of money so it's worth it to invest in quality gear.

Good luck with your Project bro. FYI you need to be willing to learn and suck it up when someone with years of experience who's trying to help comes across as an ass(in your perception). The net isn't real life.
                Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

I dont know what kind of driving expierience you have but goodluck on handling, let alone drifting something of that power level

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: I dont know what kind of driving expierience you have but goodluck on handling, let alone drifting something of that power level
                    NO shite, a NAT or TT project with a perfect tune would produce more then enough power IMO for a aspiring drifter.
                    Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

If you wanna drift a turbo Z31 you dont need much more than a clutch, intake, lsd, and an exhaust. Everything else you do should be to upgrade the suspension and brakes and the rest on removing as much weight as you can. Other than that its reliability and saftey (intercooler, oil cooler, a good seat, etc.)

Comment

I dont really care where the rods are made just as long as they use the same process to make them as they would here in the states(which I'm sure they do) Now they just have a bunch of 8 year olds running the machines for 3 grains of rice a day so they can make more cash than they would with 8 year olds in the states running the machines(those bastards want like10 bucks aday! the audasity!!!!).

I'll tell you what, My daughter will be 8 in less than a month and if she thinks that she gets a free ride anymore after that..... She's in for one hell of a wake up call!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Comment

fast300zx wrote: Oh and I did another search and i was right(kinda) they bore it out it is just a stroker.
                          They bore it out it is just a stroker? Are you saying boring is the same as stroking?

Oh well. You are still acting immature and still can't form complete sentences in the English language.

Come back when you have 600hp and I will apologize for my mistreatment of you.
                          http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Yeah I am excellent in English and as a matter of fact your words dont bother me. For the one pointing the finger is the one with the problem. Any how we can set a drag up when it is done that will show you.Oh and stroking is the act of the piston moving futher up and down while boreing is the act of makeing the bore bigger. Satan what cr are you running let me know how much hp you make. What boost do you think I should run it at. Oh and it really wont be on the road. My friend has a 400hp del sol that has major traction problems so 600 hp is considerable. I plan on running 100 shot o nitrous so I guess it will be 700hp after that. Thanks

Comment

fast300zx wrote: Yeah I am excellent in English and as a matter of fact your words dont bother me. For the one pointing the finger is the one with the problem. Any how we can set a drag up when it is done that will show you.Oh and stroking is the act of the piston moving futher up and down while boreing is the act of makeing the bore bigger. Satan what cr are you running let me know how much hp you make. What boost do you think I should run it at. Oh and it really wont be on the road. My friend has a 400hp del sol that has major traction problems so 600 hp is considerable. I plan on running 100 shot o nitrous so I guess it will be 700hp after that. Thanks
                              "They" have said that with the JE vg30dett pistons in a vg30et the actual cr is like 8.1:1 or somthing like that. so if you got the 10:1 pistons it would probably come out to 9.1:1.

What turbo are you asking about for the boost level of 600hp?

I wont have a 700+hp dyno level for some time due to the fact that I am going to take my time and not blow the damn thing up right away. I told everyone I would put 750 to the wheels UNCORRECTED and I WILL do it come hell or high water! BUT patience is a virtue!

Comment

Like everyone says, you need to do a little bit more research. Usually someone sets an intermediate goal like 400hp first. Then when you find out what a hurdle it is to do that step it up.

Also you need to listen to people who are experienced, even if you think they come off as assenine.

Oh, by the way your grammer (it is not refered to as english, it is grammer) sucks giant swollen donkey balls. You need to learn puncuation. Most of all how to use a camma properly. I wouldn't be saying this if you weren't trying to justify yourself in this matter.
                                KILL HADJI

Comment

Working...
                                X