Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping parts

:?: [b]
    I know u can swap a intake modifold from a 90`s pathfinder and a altenater from a 90`s maxima so what other parts can I swap and from what cars and years PLEASE let me know. What year and car (nissan) has twin turbo?

Not sure on interchangeable parts but the 90-96 Z32 300ZX is twin turbo and the GTR Skyline, R32,33 and 34 are twin turbo.

Matt

Comment

The R32 isn't TT, that runs the RB20DET...

Only GTR Skylines have the RB26DETT, and not all Skylines are GTRs.

As for what other parts you can use, that's a bit vauge. What are you wanting to do exactly?
      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

The R32 GT-R has the RB26DETT.

Comment

240zed wrote: The R32 GT-R has the RB26DETT.
          Yes, I said the GTR does but not all R32s are GTRs...

Anyway back on topic, if your ultimate question is can you use the twin turbo setup from the DETT on the VG30 I dont think u can or at least I've never seen it done. I'm sure with an insane amount of modifications it's probably possible but it would be crazy expensive.
          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

I didnt realize all R33 and R34s were GT-R's? Hmmm weird..Maybe they arent. And dont forget the Rb25DET that came in skylines to.

Ahh Id much rather have an Rb30ET...But i really dont want to get one sent from Australia.

A lot of the VG30 blocks interchange with some moving of components.

Are you looking for replacement parts the just bolt on, or parts that upgrade over stock Z parts and may require some modifications to use.
            The pathfinder plenum requires lowering the engine, raising the hood, or shaving the plenum for hood clearance.
            The alternator requires you to modify the tensioner bracket with a grinder.
            ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: I didnt realize all R33 and R34s were GT-R's? Hmmm weird..Maybe they arent. And dont forget the Rb25DET that came in skylines to.

Ahh Id much rather have an Rb30ET...But i really dont want to get one sent from Australia.
              Ok. lets clear this up. The post by zed-031 said all Skyline GT-R's (32-34) were twin turbo.

Then 300zxt said the R32 isnt a twin turbo, but was unclear on whether he was talking about the R32 GTR. People reading the might think the R32 GT-R wasnt a twin turbo.

Then he cleared that up with his second post.

Then GotFast? posted.

So to clear this up

R32 GT = RB20DET
              R32 GT-R = RB26DETT

R33 GT = RB25DET
              R33 GT-R = RB26DETT

R34 GT = RB25DET
              R34 GT-R = RB26DETT

RB30ET came in the Holden VL Commodore. If you want one of them over the RB26DETT then you need to read more about the RB26DETT

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

R32

GXi Type-X - 1.8 L CA18i I4, 91 hp (67 kW)
                GTE Type-X - 2.0 L RB20E I6, 125 hp (93 kW)
                GTS Type-X, S, J - 2.0 L RB20DE I6 155 hp (115 kW)
                GTS-25 Type-X, S, XG - 2.5 L RB25DE I6, 180 hp (132 kW)
                GTS-t Type-M - 2.0 L RB20DET turbo I6, 212 hp (156 kW)
                GTS-4 - 2.0 L RB20DET turbo I6, 212 hp (156 kW) 4WD
                GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT twin-turbo I6, 280 hp (206 kW) 4WD also NISMO, V-Spec and V-Spec II variants.

R33

HR33 GTS - 2.0 L RB20E SOHC I6, 130 PS (96 kW)
                ER33 GTS25 - 2.5 L RB25DE DOHC I6, 190 PS (140 kW)
                ENR33 GTS-4 - 2.5 L RB25DE DOHC I6, 190 PS (140 kW) 4WD
                ECR33 GTS25T - 2.5 L RB25DET DOHC turbo I6, 255 PS (188 kW)
                BCNR33 GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT DOHC twin-turbo I6, 305 PS (224 kW) (advertised as 280 PS) 4WD
                GT-R LM - 2.6 L RB26DETT DOHC twin-turbo I6, 305 PS (224 kW) FR
                400R - 2.8 L RBX-GT2 DOHC twin-turbo I6, 400 PS (294 kW) 4WD

R34

R34GT - 2.0 L RB20DE NEO I6, 140 hp (103 kW)
                25GT-V - 2.5 L RB25DE NEO I6, 193 hp (142 kW)
                25GT/25GT-X - 2.5 L RB25DE NEO I6, 193 hp (142 kW)
                25GT-t - 2.5 L RB25DET NEO turbo I6, 280 hp (206 kW)
                GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT twin-turbo I6, 332 PS (244 kW) (advertised as 280 PS)
                Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Well I was just wondering what nissain had a tt because a friend told me to see if i can but that moter in my 1984 300zx. As for swapping parts Iam looking for brakes rotors change from 5 lug to 4

Comment

240zed wrote:
                    RB30ET came in the Holden VL Commodore. If you want one of them over the RB26DETT then you need to read more about the RB26DETT
                    I know plenty about an RB26DETT. Thank you for making an attempt at insulting my intelligence.

Try putting an RB25DET head on an RB30.

And if you read what Zed posted "GT-R Skyline (R32,R33,R34) are twin turbo he was right. There are other GT-Rs that arent TT)

As for the brake rotors, you need more then just the brake rotors for that to swap over. Your going to need the hubs as well.
                    ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

[quote]GotFast? wrote:
                      Originally posted by 240zed
                      I know plenty about an RB26DETT. Thank you for making an attempt at insulting my intelligence.

Try putting an RB25DET head on an RB30.

And if you read what Zed posted "GT-R Skyline (R32,R33,R34) are twin turbo he was right. There are other GT-Rs that arent TT)
                      I wasnt trying to insult you. I dont know how intelligent or stupid you are.

Sure you can put a 25 head on a 30, but it would still have stock 30 internals, not the internals of the 26. But since you are such an expert you should already know how much better the stock 26 internals are.

Some GT-Rs aren't twin turbo? I think you just proved how intelligent you are.

All turbo GT-R skylines have the twin turbo RB26DETT, but since they were never sold in your country you can be excused for not knowing jack about them.

Comment

[quote]240zed wrote:
                        Originally posted by GotFast?
                        There are other GT-Rs that arent TT

I wasnt trying to insult you. I dont know how intelligent or stupid you are.

Sure you can put a 25 head on a 30, but it would still have stock 30 internals, not the internals of the 26. But since you are such an expert you should already know how much better the stock 26 internals are.

Some GT-Rs aren't twin turbo? I think you just proved how intelligent you are.

All turbo GT-R skylines have the twin turbo RB26DETT, but since they were never sold in your country you can be excused for not knowing jack about them.
                        Wikipedia says your a I know more then you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#GT-R_2

I never said there were single turbo GT-R's. I just said there were GT-R's that werent twin turbo. This could also include naturally aspirated.
                        The first GT-R Skyline appeared in February 1969. Called the PGC-10 (KPGC-10 for later coupé version) internally and Hakosuka (ハコスカ) by fans. Hako (ハコ) means Box in Japanese, and suka(スカ) means Skyline (スカイライン; Sukairain). It used the 2.0 L (1998 cc) S20 I6. This new engine produced 160 hp (119 kW), equal to the best sports cars of the time, and was similar to the GR8 engine used in the Nissan R380 racing car.

OS Giken makes a billet crank for the RB26 that has an 86mm stroke. This crank will supposedly fit in the RB30 block. From there, the only real difference between the Rb30 and the 26 is the ability to rev higher, the actual strength of the block and how much torque your going to make.
                        The Rb30 is just a capable contender as the Rb26, it just isnt as popular due to its use in the Holdens and Aus. R31 skylines...There are less then them.

Comment

Working...
                        X