Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microtech for 88

I need to know what is the correct model of microtech for a z31 88T

Racing, Dyno Graphs, and 1/4 mile times....
    I can see how this topic fits this forum..(sarcasm)

If you are truly set on an aftermarket enginemangement system, I highly recomend that you cal the manufacture tech. line and see what they recomend.

After understanding what Nistune is all about, I cannot see the need to utilize an expensive aftermarket system when the control and potential to tune is already there with the oem engine management system. To think that it is a limiting factor is a funny thing to believe....you just need to look around a little harder at what has been done, what is avail. and how to get it all to work together..the info is all out there.
    Dan 8)
    I am here to help...

Comment

does nistune offer the ability to run a a MAP sensor?
      http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

Why?
        Are you playing the foolish game of..."the AFM is choking my set-up"?
        Use a Z32 AFM and have metering ability to 500Hp.
        Worry about it once you get to this point. The solutions to go further beyond this point are'nt difficult to do.

Assuming that you are completely stock, you have no idea what 350 to the wheels feels like and once you start getting past this point, many things get interesting. There's literally a ton of things that'll make alot of sense and everything in your mind will come together after you get into some power. Doing all of this for the first time on your own will leave you with many many important lessons learned along the way. These are really important things to grasp before things get too serious. You need to grow with your mods so you can handle that kind of responsibility(500Hp). You do not want to be another one of the "I'm gonna build a monster" kinda guys and end up with issue after issue and never really have what you wanted.
        The margin for error in tuning and margin for error with selected components greatly reduces as you go up in Hp. so to say.

Start here...XXXXX.....grow to here...XXXXX!
        My .02
        Dan
        I am here to help...

Comment

How about two step rev limiters?

Clutch-in, launch rev limiter with the ability to retard time to load engine. This results in building boost at the line (only possible way in a manual trans car).

Does Nistune offer those? Nistune sounds awesome, and the AFM is never going to be a restriction in the induction system. However its the little trinkets like two step limiters, boost build devices and such that make standalones nice.
          ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: How about two step rev limiters?
            MSD 2step plug-in for the 6AL if you're so inclined. Not everyone that builds a car for power drag races it.

GotFast? wrote: Clutch-in, launch rev limiter with the ability to retard time to load engine. This results in building boost at the line (only possible way in a manual trans car).
            Launch boost controller is needed too if you want to set boost independant of RPM. Not everyone that builds a car for power drag races it.

GotFast? wrote:
            Does Nistune offer those? Nistune sounds awesome, and the AFM is never going to be a restriction in the induction system. However its the little trinkets like two step limiters, boost build devices and such that make standalones nice.
            The maf can be a restriction in one way or another, but only if it is sized or scaled inappropriately for the application. In either case, that's the person's fault and not the system. Trinkets are the advantage of a standalone. If you want a system as flexable as you can make it, aftermarket EFI companies really know what they are doing and you're never going to be able to compare the two.

Most people can do without the additional gadgets while people like you and me can only appreciate what they have to offer until we have one.

Comment

I was just throwing a couple examples of somethings that a aftermarket box might have that Nistune wouldnt offer.

Ive heard tuning the crossover point between vacuum and boost on a MAP car can be a bitch. I dont quite understand why, but it was something I read.

The Motec is really nice since it also controls the wastegate, that the clutch in rev-limiter/launch feature can be used to control boost created on the line. (again this is good for drag racing only)

The other nice things about aftermarket EFI computers is the immense ammount of data that they can store. Not that you cant do this with other forms of data loggin software.

I really want to buy one of the displays that Motec has, that fits the Momo steering wheel i have. It will display things like Tach, shift lights and all the cool gadgets and such...Do i need it...Naw...Would it be cool...HELL YA.
              ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

Working...
              X