turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo?

the needle on my boost guage is only going a hair past 0 and i have noticed a drop in power so im guessing the guage is working any ideas what it could be its an 85 and completly stock with 116000 miles

boost leak. have you checked for leaks. have you checked the vacuum lines on the compressor housing to see if they have fallen off?

maybe this should be in the newbie forum.

Comment

Leaks, it would run like crap....

Vaccum lines would make it NOT get out of boost....

Maybe your waste gate is stuck open?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

84z31 wrote: boost leak. have you checked for leaks. have you checked the vacuum lines on the compressor housing to see if they have fallen off?

Uh, if the hoses fell off of the comp housing, he would be boosting all over the place!
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

look under the hood on the drivers side fender.. try to find a little black box with a wire plug and a vacuum line going to it. somewhere on the black box it will say "boost sensor" that vacuum line is cracked at the nipple on the boost sensor.. take it off and cut off the cracked end. plug it back in and drive the car to confirm that this is your problem.. if that fixes it then go out and buy all new vacuum lines for the whole engine, replace them one by one.. this is the problem 99% of the time. i have seen it on many many z31's.. oh, if you dont see the crack in the line in the exact space i described then check the entire vacuum line going to the boost sensor

Comment

you're right, i was not thinking clearly. ops: to much mountian dew and calc.

[quote]SATAN wrote:
            Originally posted by 84z31
            boost leak. have you checked for leaks. have you checked the vacuum lines on the compressor housing to see if they have fallen off?

Uh, if the hoses fell off of the comp housing, he would be boosting all over the place!

Comment

hahahah, dewd, MD has that brominated vegetable oil in it.... NASTY

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

thanks ill check those things

Comment

def check the wastegate. Mine opened up badly at 2-4spsi on the stock T25. It equalled lacking some serious power and basic *******.
                  2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

check the flex pipe in the exhaust manifold cross over pipe. if it is toast (leaking exhaust) the turbo will not get enough exhaust to create much boost.

Comment

Working...
                    X