Intake box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake box?

What is this box used for on the intake? Anything?

its the resonator box. it makes the intake noise quieter.

post this in the newbie section.

Comment

:/ Sorry, I didnt realize there was a newbie section...

Anyway... Anything wrong with removing it?

Comment

It's a resonator.

From z31.com

"Replacing the resonator with a 3" outer diameter piece of pipewill net you NO performance gains. All that will happen is a slightly different intake growl. The resonator is essentially a muffler for your intake. The length of the pipe is irrelevant. It simply needs to be long enough to allow the filter and the other intake pipe to clamp to it, and short enough for the filter to fit in the area without hitting the radiator hose. So somewhere between 1.5" and 9"."

Comment

Ah, alrighty, thank you. I might as well take it out then... its sort of an eyesore... Im getting a team green filter anyway.

Comment

Doesn't the team green filter attach directly to the MAF?

Comment

Does it have to?

Comment

No sir, it most certianly doesn't HAVE to.

From first hand experience...the "Butt Dyno" can tell a difference in the mounting locations.(I prefer the AFM)

The only issues found thus far are those that live in Texas and Florida, sometimes have issues with a hot engine, and hot weather. The intake temps with the afm mounting method alters the voltage of the afm(I assume thats what is happening) and produces a bad idle.
                I am here to help...

Comment

no, just put a 3" piece of pipe in to replace that resonator.

Comment

I used a 3" aluminium pipe for a while before changing it over directly onto the AFM. It becomes awkward in the stock location with a pipe instead when removing the shroud for an e-fan, that's why I changed to putting it on the AFM if I remember correctly.
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: I used a 3" aluminium pipe for a while before changing it over directly onto the AFM. It becomes awkward in the stock location with a pipe instead when removing the shroud for an e-fan, that's why I changed to putting it on the AFM if I remember correctly.
                      Ah, alright, I wont be doing that for a while, so ill just leave it where its at.

Comment

Just take it out and slide your filter box to the right.

And take out the little piece that goes into the head light.

You will like the sound it makes now

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                        X