No announcement yet.

are high 14s with an n/a Z easily achieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tried the drag strip yet so I can't say for sure that 14's are possible. I am putting out 164WRHP with my 84 na 2+2. That is with headers, freeflow cat and exhaust, custom 2 1/2" exhaust. K & N cone filter in place of the OEM air box. My engine managemet system is an APEXI SAFCll. That got me from 130 to 150. 150 to 164 is cam gears set at 5 degrees retard.
    That HP is almost equal to the stock turbo. In autoX they didn't stand a chance.
    My current project like ORZMAN, is to achieve 200+ HP. (it is an 84 slick top)
    It is much more extensive, but still included all the basics listed above, with the exception of NisTune in place of the Apexi unit.
    Call it NA stage 2. Rework heads, nismo cams, turbo injectors, L&P plenum, redo intake, all the goodies that Jason offers.
    Hope to have dyno results after the first of the year. Still deciding on if I should rebuild the entire engine or just add the heads, see what I get and do the entire rebuild next year.
    The engine has 205K on it. Has 170 or more in all the cylinders and the leak down was between 4 and 9%.
    If I was you I would use ORZman's logic and start with the NA build and learn, then go turbo if you want.
    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Russ84na wrote: I haven't tried the drag strip yet so I can't say for sure that 14's are possible. I am putting out 164WRHP with my 84 na 2+2. That is with headers, freeflow cat and exhaust, custom 2 1/2" exhaust. K & N cone filter in place of the OEM air box. My engine managemet system is an APEXI SAFCll. That got me from 130 to 150. 150 to 164 is cam gears set at 5 degrees retard.
      That HP is almost equal to the stock turbo. In autoX they didn't stand a chance.
      My current project like ORZMAN, is to achieve 200+ HP. (it is an 84 slick top)
      It is much more extensive, but still included all the basics listed above, with the exception of NisTune in place of the Apexi unit.
      Call it NA stage 2. Rework heads, nismo cams, turbo injectors, L&P plenum, redo intake, all the goodies that Jason offers.
      Hope to have dyno results after the first of the year. Still deciding on if I should rebuild the entire engine or just add the heads, see what I get and do the entire rebuild next year.
      The engine has 205K on it. Has 170 or more in all the cylinders and the leak down was between 4 and 9%.
      If I was you I would use ORZman's logic and start with the NA build and learn, then go turbo if you want.
      Mike87t before he went turbo did 14.76 at 94.5mph
      2+2

12" K&N
      Stanza TB
      Ported and Polished Heads (by Engloid)
      .435 280/280 MSA cams
      MSA Headers
      Intake Manifold Port-matched to Heads
      2 1/2 " exhaust from headers back (test pipe in place of cat)
      Dynomax Turbo Muffler
      Selling left over z31 parts from an 85.

Comment

grabbin gears wrote: i dont really want nitrous either, what i am really curious about is the power made from an na with all of the common cheap bolt ons, i realize this way i wont run 14s, but until i can afford to go turbo i wanna know how fast it will be with things like intake, pathy plentum/throttle body, plentum spacer, headers(if made for n/a not that i could afford em anyway) no exhaust restriction, larger injectors fuel rail, all the small crap. although i doubt these things would really make a diference with an n/a setup
        All of those things will cost the same if not more than going turbo anyway...
        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Working...
        X