tranny question i've never seen asked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny question i've never seen asked

If you used a T5 bell housing from a 84-86 turbo could you use something like a T-56 tranny from the high end cars?
    KILL HADJI

Re: tranny question i've never seen asked

Alex86na2t wrote: If you used a T5 bell housing from a 84-86 turbo could you use something like a T-56 tranny from the high end cars?
    Dont think the input shaft would fit. Could it be made to work? I'm sure it could but at what cost?
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

tranny question i've never seen asked

Comment

So I am guessing it can't/hasn't been done

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

http://z31.com/board/read.php?id=243208&srf=nyet

Ive got pictures of the differences in input shaft splines and such. Ill upload them later as I have to restart my computer. For some odd reason its not registering my USB port after I eject components out of it.
          ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

I am thinking if you found the right friction plate with the right spline configuration it wouldn't be difficult. Given that the length of the shaft wasn't too short. If it was too long you could have the shaft cut down on a lathe. I am thinking of trying this in the distant future.

I think the 6th gear would be badass :!:
            KILL HADJI

Comment

Working...
            X