Couple of quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of quick questions

AC compressor bracket, I've undone all the bolts and the thing is not budging, is there another one that I'm not seeing or do you have to belt the crap out of it to loosen it? Have done the top long bolt, 2 underneath, top timing belt cover is already off for when i get the Russ cam gears. Is there another one somewhere or is it being a stubborn bitch.

Lower radiator shroud, I'm picking up an 85NA twin fan setup from the junkyards, have removed fan and top shroud, do you have to pull radiator to remove the rest of the shroud or is there a trick to getting it out without doing that.

Team Green filter mounted directly to MAF, looks to be a pretty tight fit, does the MAF need a new bracket to be made to shift it out a little. I don't have an intercooler setup so it's still in the stock position.

Cheers

Matt

No hidden bolts on the AC bracket.

Shrouds- I used the small hand saw method to remove them 2 times now. I had no interest in keeping them so why not. Just be careful not to poke a hole in your radiator or cut something you don't mean to. :shock:

Filter- mounting is up to you. It doesn't get any real stress on the piping there other than engine torque so the main thing is just making sure it doesn't rattle around or move too much. Sounds like a good tie strap situation.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Time to get the persuader ( hammer ) onto that bracket then.

Cheers for the tip with the saw and I might put in a 45 degree bend off the MAF and stick the filter on that way.

Will post pics when up.

Matt

Comment

I twisted the shroud and it came out in one piece perfectly. Don't know how the hell it did

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

You must have got pretty damn creative to do that cos there's alot of shroud and not alot of room to get it out :P

Comment

haha, was on a fresh mind, beginning of the day

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: haha, was on a fresh mind, beginning of the day
              Looks like that's the best time to do it, I just got creative and bent it and it's out

Comment

Woohoo, there were 2 more screws up the top of the bracket that are buggers to find.

Out now and :shock: can't believe the amount of room under the hood now, looks so much cleaner.

Comment

^ wlecome to the land of "lots of room" Its is a gift that just keeps giving. :wink:
                  Just stand back and throw money.
                  Performance costs money.
                  Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

zed-031 wrote: Woohoo, there were 2 more screws up the top of the bracket that are buggers to find.

Out now and :shock: can't believe the amount of room under the hood now, looks so much cleaner.
                    Yeah I was gonna suggest looking for the rests of the bolts that you missed. I do not see that huge bracket being stuck on there....its freaking heavy!
                    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                    1986 300zx Turbo
                    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Working...
                    X