boost gauge@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost gauge@

im about to install my boost gauge and was wondering how am i supposed to hook up the plastic line from the gauge into some sort of vaccum?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

onefast87 wrote: im about to install my boost gauge and was wondering how am i supposed to hook up the plastic line from the gauge into some sort of vaccum?
    it connects to the intake plenum after the throttle body.. did you try reading the directions?

Comment

Comment

does anyone out there have a picture of how you installed you boost gauge in the intake manifold?

Comment

Click for larger image.

You will find vacuum lines coming off of these two areas on the intake manifold. You need to cut one of these lines and fit the little "T" connector that came with your boost gauge in between the cut pieces.

What you are trying to do is get your boost gauge included in the vacuum system so it can measure the amount of vacuum/boost in that system.

Really study the directions that came with your boost gauge. The Autometer Boost Gauge that I picked up had great instructions.
          85 NA2T 9:1 Compression, CM 3" exhaust, Complete Interior Restoration
          94 Maxima
          ...VG30 FTW!!

Comment

There is a plug to No were on the plenum RIGHT after the TB. My kit had all the brass fittings to thread right into there.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

ok this is funny to me but, if i install it right after the throttle body where do i install the blow off valve line

Comment

First boost gauge I ever bought was used with no directions. Still it was cake to install.

onefast87 wrote: ok this is funny to me but, if i install it right after the throttle body where do i install the blow off valve line
                Same answer. Where it will see boost and vacuum.

Comment

also just to clarify, i know how to install a boost gauge, its just the fitting i ended up with i had no where to tie it into the intake!

here is my boost gauge installed

here is how i have the vaccum installed for now

i was in the shop last night and found the solution to my problem sitting on my old NA motor

Comment

Sweet clear tubing mod

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

You do realize that the threaded plug you have now covered in clear tubing will screw into your intake piping? Right after the TB in the intake 'elbow', where you removed that plug on your NA manifold.
                      It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

You could run to ace hardware and they have just about any fitting you can think of to attach to the stock plenum. Looks like the one you found will work fine though. Just so you know, running a bigger line to the BOV is a better thing. helps it to respond quicker. like up to 1/4 line is good. 3/16" is good too tho.
                        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Is that actually going to get an accurate reading plugging into the line you have?

If it's the clear line that you have plugged into that line doesn't connect in after the throttle body.

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: You do realize that the threaded plug you have now covered in clear tubing will screw into your intake piping? Right after the TB in the intake 'elbow', where you removed that plug on your NA manifold.ya,only my blow off valve hose was tied into there, the bov fitting wouldnt fit the other hole, it stood up to high, didnt clear the hood.

zed-031 wrote:
                            Is that actually going to get an accurate reading plugging into the line you have?.
                            it didnt work very well, under load and over 4000rpm it would read boost
                            but not very accurately.
                            now that i have it installed properly in the intake, it says im running at 8PSI, i have no boost controller or exaust.

Comment

Working...
                            X