someone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone help

i was considering upgrading to an electric fan and a larger radaitor. woundering how easy the install is.

Its not hard.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

how big of a core should i get for the radiator and should a get a dual or single fan for it

Comment

Ok, not cracking on you but this is the impression I get of your car.

Stock, and if not stock damn close to stock. With your car being this close to stock what makes you think you need a radiator with greater cooling? I have a 450+ HP Z31 running the stock radiator. Not for much longer mind you but it can handle it is my point.

You are deffinatly a noob no doubt. Nothing wrong with that, BUT before you just start flying off the handle asking any question you can, do a little searching on the subjects you are wondering about. There is plenty of info out there. Then after you have done a decent amount of searching and you still cant find what you are looking for, tell people, Ive searched and just cant find the answer i'm looking for. Beware tho, if you did a piss poor job of searching they will find it rather easily and flame you hard for it.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

svensz31t wrote: how big of a core should i get for the radiator and should a get a dual or single fan for it
          Stick with the stock size and location unless you are up for custom work. I recommend using a two row radiator that was stock on the turbo cars, and to use a dual fan setup. The maxima fan is the most economical one to use.
          Chuck Stong

Comment

SATAN wrote: Stock, and if not stock damn close to stock. With your car being this close to stock what makes you think you need a radiator with greater cooling? I have a 450+ HP Z31 running the stock radiator. Not for much longer mind you but it can handle it is my point.
            How long have you run your car making that hp? By that, I mean at full throttle? Any road course time at this hp level running it wide open? Also, what was the ambient temperature during those runs? The stock system is great, but I would not expect it to cool off that much hp over an extended period of time, especially on hot days.
            Chuck Stong

Comment

[quote]Firehawk wrote:
              Originally posted by SATAN
              Stock, and if not stock damn close to stock. With your car being this close to stock what makes you think you need a radiator with greater cooling? I have a 450+ HP Z31 running the stock radiator. Not for much longer mind you but it can handle it is my point.
              How long have you run your car making that hp? By that, I mean at full throttle? Any road course time at this hp level running it wide open? Also, what was the ambient temperature during those runs? The stock system is great, but I would not expect it to cool off that much hp over an extended period of time, especially on hot days.
              No, you are right. I dont road race my car. any time that i'm pumping out the 450+ is for 15 seconds or less so that is why the stock radiator worked for a while. But even after a hard run the coolant temps would be high. But nothing the car couldnt ever cool down from when kept running afterwards.

I would road race my car but they just shut down our only road track in CO last january. :cry: its too bad too because I never got to take a fast car on that track. Only a stock honda civic ex. Even that little POS was a blast to drive on that course though.

Comment

SATAN wrote: No, you are right. I dont road race my car. any time that i'm pumping out the 450+ is for 15 seconds or less so that is why the stock radiator worked for a while. But even after a hard run the coolant temps would be high. But nothing the car couldnt ever cool down from when kept running afterwards.

I would road race my car but they just shut down our only road track in CO last january. :cry: its too bad too because I never got to take a fast car on that track. Only a stock honda civic ex. Even that little POS was a blast to drive on that course though.
                So, what are you upgrading to? Sounds like you need a road trip to spend a weekend at a track. Those are fun. You might even try to hook up with me sometime. Hallet in Oklahoma is a blast and not too far, but I have been all over the country (and a few others) to different tracks.
                Chuck Stong

Comment

you guys head to hallett hit me up and I'll be there, I havnt ever gotten a chance to race with other Z31s out there.
                  Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Comment

Firehawk wrote:
                    So, what are you upgrading to? Sounds like you need a road trip to spend a weekend at a track. Those are fun. You might even try to hook up with me sometime. Hallet in Oklahoma is a blast and not too far, but I have been all over the country (and a few others) to different tracks.
                    Well that is still to be decided, I started a thread in the mech section about double pass radiators and what people thought about them. So far i'm still not sure.

As for the road trip. It wouldnt be any time soon. Got a new baby on the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X