oil consumption!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil consumption!

alright well its been quite a few months since my NA 2 T project, and it looks like oil is always missing! the motor doesn't burn blue or smoke, im 100% sure i have no oil leaks.
    before the motor went in i had concerns that the engine had been sitting outside for a while.
    anyone have some insight as to where my oil is going?

also i only seem to have 10PSI of oil pressure at idle, but once on the throttle it stays up in the 50-60 range.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

At least yours consistently loses oil. Sometimes I am full and sometimes i am 1 quart down ops:. Completely random so far

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Engines burn oil. Just the way it is. may be a little bit but they still do.

How much oil are you missing between checks?

10psi I would think is normal at idle.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

i usually check it when i gas up, about every 4 to 5 days
        sometimes its missing half of what the dipstick reads, like walf way from L to H
        i was thinking the turbo might be on it way,also i have no exaust, does this affect oil consumption?
        http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

onefast87 wrote: i usually check it when i gas up, about every 4 to 5 days
          sometimes its missing half of what the dipstick reads, like walf way from L to H
          i was thinking the turbo might be on it way,also i have no exaust, does this affect oil consumption?
          Having no exhaust will not cause loss of oil. If the turbo is leaking you would see the smoke. Best bet is just to keep it topped off until the problem showes up on its own. Unless you feel like digging and finding out what is deffinatly going on.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

How is the drain for your turbo?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
            X