air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter

I read on FAQ,the best air filter for Z31 is the KN but i have on my car a BMC dynamique filter

what do you think about this filter?

kriss Z89T wrote: I read on FAQ,the best air filter for Z31 is the KN but i have on my car a BMC dynamique filter

what do you think about this filter?
    sorry

Comment

[img]a href=[/img][/img]

Comment

does the duct before the air filter lead to the rear of the passenger headlight assembly where it would such air from behind the headlight, only?

from the picture, it looks like the metal insert on the side of the headlight assembly is still in place. meaning that the duct is still pulling air from the engine bay.

remove that insert, stick the duct in hole, and call it a day.

BTW, where did you find that air filter box? I've been slightly interested in them for a while.
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

yes the metal tube stop to the headligt.I don't know where install it for have a better air.
          For this filter go------->http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoCDA.asp

Comment

kriss Z89T wrote: yes the metal tube stop to the headligt.I don't know where install it for have a better air.
            For this filter go------->http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoCDA.asp
            Look inside where you have the duct going to(by the headlight). There is a metal piece that is in the way that you can pull out(between your duct and your headlight). Pull the headlight and then the metal piece is held in by 3 10mm bolts. You can pull that metal piece out and get cooler air from behind the headlight. If you dont do that then you are sucking air from the hot engine bay.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

tanks,but i don't know where you say?
              now the air enter here
              [img]a href=[/img][/img]
              Is it not bad to increase the distance to the AFM ?

Comment

That yellow arrow of yours points to a piece of sheilding that can be removed, allowing you to place your ducting behind the headlights giving a "cold-air intake"
                [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                2000 Porsche Boxster
                2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

I thought that piece was wire mesh, like a screen.
                  imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: I thought that piece was wire mesh, like a screen.
                    No, it is solid sheet metal directed right to the engine bay

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                    X