Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i've done this to my SS so far, what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i've done this to my SS so far, what next?

I had my mechanic install:
    K&N Air filter w/o Resonator
    60mm 240sx Throttle body
    CM Full Turbo Back 3" Aluminum Exhaust

He also re-attatched the turbo actuator and now my car is actually.. fast haha. I'm thinking a blow off valve and mbc next. I don't really want to go to crazy with mods. The car already scares people riding with me as is. I think I may even have some boost leaks as well and that will be looked at when summer comes around.

How much would I benefit from a plenum at this point? I heard gains of up to 10% more HP depending on mods. Thanks guys.

Your actuator was not attached? :lol:

NA Shiro for a while there huh..

A Plenum would be a clean mod to do.
    Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

uhh.... correct me if i'm wrong, but last time i checked, no actuator causes overboost... not the other way around.
      Funny stories!

Comment

No actuator would just leave the waste gate open if my thinking is right

Comment

A boost contoller,and a boost gauge first, then maybe the poly bushings for suspension. You want a fun car to drive, you need to consider the whole car. Of course your headed down a slippery slope. It is hard to stop once you feel the big differences with the first major stages of mod's.

Comment

Haha I've heard that before, " I'm just going to drive this car and not mod it, she's fast enough as is." Those were the lines I muttered when I drove the thing out the previous owners driveway. Suspension is now done, engine's coming out for work, interior, paint....... the list goes on.

A boost guage in the center section is a good start, do the suspension, boost controller. Wheels, interior, have a heap of fun with it. Above all, learn alot from the guys on this site that have done a heap of work to their car, they've been a huge amount of help for me.

Good luck

Comment

Get a boost controller on that beast! For $5 you can get more horsepower than all of your previous mods.

Any pics?
              2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Shit, i have a boost controller for sale. Cheapy one

Comment

I only have shit pics of the car before restoration and some during the painting stage. I'll take some when the car comes out of the garage for the nice weather. I'd like to ideally have it looking like NIMO's but with gloss black wheels and a kaminari wing if I can find one. I also do have alot of polyurethane on the car, i'd say most of the suspension has been replaced with it due to original stuff being worn out but i'm not sure what has been done.

How much for the cheapy mbc? I have paypal.. send me an im on AIM Aehs01.

Comment

Re: So i've done this to my SS so far, what next?

aehs01 wrote: I had my mechanic install:
                    K&N Air filter w/o Resonator
                    60mm 240sx Throttle body
                    CM Full Turbo Back 3" Aluminum Exhaust

He also re-attatched the turbo actuator and now my car is actually.. fast haha. I'm thinking a blow off valve and mbc next. I don't really want to go to crazy with mods. The car already scares people riding with me as is. I think I may even have some boost leaks as well and that will be looked at when summer comes around.

How much would I benefit from a plenum at this point? I heard gains of up to 10% more HP depending on mods. Thanks guys.
                    Remove the cat from the exhaust.
                    Black 1986 300zx Turbo coupe (Chuki)
                    http://z31performance.com/showthread...86-Turbo-Coupe
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Pewter 1986 300zx N/A 2 Turbo 2+2 (Chuki)
                    http://z31performance.com/showthread...9;s-1986-300zx

Comment

i would put a FMIC then raise the boost

Comment

Working...
                      X