Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 87-89 turbo wheels fit over TT calipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 87-89 turbo wheels fit over TT calipers?

Will 87-89 turbo 16" wheels fit over TT calipers bolted to the stock 88 turbo setup? Not bolted to a bracket for larger rotors. just stock 88T rotors.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

cute question....newbie...pffffftttt!! Seriously though, i dont even know the answer to this question. I think a better question might be "why the hell is satan still dealing with stock z31 wheels?"

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

satan = cheapo
      Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
      I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
      Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Lance wrote: satan = cheapo
        i can respect that

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

If you use the z31 rotors then yes they will fit.
          When you use z32 rotors you need to space out the caliper and that will cause a fitment issue.
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

enjoyrth wrote: cute question....newbie...pffffftttt!! Seriously though, i dont even know the answer to this question. I think a better question might be "why the hell is satan still dealing with stock z31 wheels?"
            Maybe his goal is not to look good, but to go fast enough looks don't matter.
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

craZed wrote: If you use the z31 rotors then yes they will fit.
              When you use z32 rotors you need to space out the caliper and that will cause a fitment issue.
              But there is no benifit to using the TT rotor due to the fact that it is not larger right? So... why the hell even bother with the TT rotor? If you are gonna jack with rotors then why not go bigger and relocate the calipers? Which of course would most definatly require new wheels.

I guess my question is why bother with the TT rotors?

Comment

[quote]Steve88t wrote:
                Originally posted by enjoyrth
                cute question....newbie...pffffftttt!! Seriously though, i dont even know the answer to this question. I think a better question might be "why the hell is satan still dealing with stock z31 wheels?"
                Maybe his goal is not to look good, but to go fast enough looks don't matter.
                Thats half true. I do care about looks, but not over performance.

I also try to do the most performance I can for the cheapest I can. Which in my case may mean running the TT calipers on stock rotors (for now)

Comment

I used the z32 rotors because they are cross drilled brembos and came with the callipers.

I only mentioned it because I had wheel fittment isues by using them.
                  imagination is a virtue

Comment

Satan - You cheap bastard, ya need to invest in some quality used forged wheels and a nice 4-piston setup.
                    Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Have any of you actually seen how much he's spent on his ride thus far? Cheap is certainly not the word I would chose to describe him anyway...
                      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: Have any of you actually seen how much he's spent on his ride thus far? Cheap is certainly not the word I would chose to describe him anyway...
                        He and you should know I'm joking bro. He spends money on the right shit. Just Stainless lines with good pads alones makes a HUGE difference over the stock brake system.

Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Yeah I know you were joking, but others calling him a cheapo is a bit much lol
                          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Working...
                          X